All reviews train station staff were incredible highly recommend staying at hotel home away from home breakfast was delicious feel like family daily breakfast we loved our stay by european standards travel package cinque terre rented a car would stay again easy access gate travel town square base for exploring
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Patrizia, the owner, and Stefania, the receptionist are amazing hosts.
Hotel is in the city centre, all the therme can be reached quite easily.
Parking is literally outside the hotel and costs only 3,50 euro, also , with the same car park ticket you can park wherever you like in Montecatini.
We stayed here for one night only and the day after we woke up quite late , after breakfast. The whole members of staff have been so lovely, they let us choose from the breakfast buffet whatever we desired with no limitation although breakfast was not available anymore at that time.
Montecatini Alta can be reached with the funicular which is only 20min walking.
Room is a good size, they also prepared for our little one a cosy cot.
Thank you!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Personnel super kind and efficient, professional but warm at the same time, deserves the 5 stars rating, although quality of the rooms/breakfast/etc.. not impressive, just aligned with expectations. Even in higher standard hotels, i have rarely seen such a great team of staff. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Montecatini for 5 days at Hotel Puccini with a Eurorest voucher, and have absolutely nothing bad to stay about the whole thing - my trip, or having the hotel as my base for exploring Tuscany.

The town is so beautiful and ideal to visit Florence, Pisa, Lucca and Viareggio quickly by train. The hotel is located on the main strip, the Corsa Roma, making it ideal to reach the station, shops, spas and to the train that takes you up to Monecatini Alto on top of the mountain.

As I went just before the summer season it was incredibly quiet at the hotel, but I have no doubt they extend the same quality service to the busiest times. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff, and as a small team, the whole experience felt very intimate. Lovely room with a private balcony which was the icing on the cake - I loved spending evenings out there (with a drink from the 24hr bar [selection of drinks could be expanded]).

But the real star of the show for me was the food. When booking, I told Puccini that I am vegan, and so would need some options (as part of Eurorest I received breakfast and dinner at the hotel). They assured me not to worry and that they have new menus everyday - and I was not disappointed. True to their word, every day I was presented with a creative, delicious extensive menu - 5 courses, as standard in Italian restaurants. On one evening the restaurant was closed, they arranged for me to have my meal at another lovely restaurant, and made sure there would be something for me there. They even went out of their way to purchase specific vegan products such as chocolate, biscuits and seitan.

So all in all, I absolutely recommend Hotel Puccini and I would stay there again. Many thanks again to the wonderful staff and chefs - you made my stay a pleasure.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Stayed, like many others, as part of a travel package, and was pleased to see that if anything the reviews weren't good enough. Easy to find, super easy to check into, and an unfailingly kind, smiling, helpful staff. Elena and Marco in particular made our visit a pleasure, but everyone involved went out of their way to make the stay pleasant. Great little happy hour at check-in with wine, cheese, and charcuterie. Clean, private rooms with nicely updated bathrooms. Quiet at night, and on a block with excellent coffee, two bakers, and a spuntineria with delicious cured meats and panini.
Easy on street parking within a block, and the hotel offers daily parking passes for 3.50 Euro (compared to 1E/hour from the meters).
Don't let the guidebooks mislead you - Montecatini is a great little town to explore during your trip. Don't miss the funicular up to and exploration of Montecatini Alto.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Culture_Courteous
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stayed at the Hotel Puccini for 6 nights as part of a Gate1 Travel package. The location in Montecatini was very convenient for exploring the surrounding area. Parking was not an issue and was always within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel staff was very pleasant & professional. They always made us feel welcome when we returned from our daily adventures. Room was basic and comfortable. It was noisy at night only because we could not have the air conditioning on(not AC season according to Italian Law?) and we had to open the window for temperature control. WiFi was available and quick. We would stay at the Hotel Puccini again.

Date of stay: March 2018