All reviews montecatini alto stayed here for nights corner room railway station other hotels ten minute walk night stay spa town florence verde
Reviewed 18 November 2016

We had a 7-day stay and we simply could not have had a better time. The staff are amazing and ready to help and the night-life is just amazing - with a musical show in the Hotel's front terrace on a set of nights. I will remember this place for future travels for sure!

Room tip: Front rooms are the best, but if you have one on the right wing of the building, you'll be satisfied all-the-same.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chérie C
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at this lovely hotel for a week , wonderful food, excellent breakfast , very comfortable and above all , the staff were fantastic , I would highly recommend this hotel if you are touring Tuscany , you also have free parking too , a most pleasant stay .

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2016

I booked 3 Superior double rooms at the Nizza because I had stayed there before on several occasions, the last time only 18 months ago, what a mistake, if these rooms are superior the basic rooms must be awful. The hotel is very shabby and much in need of an update. My rooms were 411 413 and 414, all 3 in need of updating and a good clean, one room 414 had a lino floor rather than carpet and it didnt even have a wall mounted shower. The walls in all 3 rooms were stained with squashed mosquitos and blood. The rooms are shabby and a disgrace for the money. It was 30 degrees both days we were there and the air conditioning didn't work, and so forced to open the window and this is probably why there are lots of dead mosquitos all over the walls and lots of bites on me, You would think they would clean them up. The headboard in 411 was ripped, the ceiling stained and the bath looked like someone had been doing DIY in it. (Please see the pictures)Breakfast served from 7.30am but if you want scrambled egg you have to wait until 8am ... What?? Very poor breakfast, and the coffee out of a machine just isn't very good. The staff were friendly enough but that I am afraid is its only redeeming feature. I wouldn't recommend anyone staying here, I have been to Montecatini Terme at least a dozen times, and there are much better hotels for the same kind of money. Don't stay here

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Hotel was clean and proximity to everything great. Two things that drove us crazy were the low power available to charge our devices, and the electricity for AC seemed to be on quota ? Area shopping wonderful.
Breakfast was fine . Dinner was just OK . Lots of same salads each night.
We ate out several nights . Great choices nearby. Desserts were terrific.
Front desk staff were very good. Montecatini Terma fabulous place.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Getting downgraded to 2 small rooms 18 days before arrival - Due to the hotel have overbooked.
I strongly warn against making booking at Grand Hotel Nizza et Suisse - They don't care about their customers.

We booked a suite with space for 2 adults and 2 children 6 month in advance, and got direct confirmation from the Hotel manager on the room.
18 days before arrival they just send an email, with the information that the suite was no longer available, and we could get 2 standard rooms.

We didn't wanted to stay in 2 separate rooms and split up our small children.
I emailed them serval times, explaining that we wished to stay in one room with our 2 children.
But they didn't care at all - We could accept the 2 small rooms or cancel the reservation.

I could see on there website, that "our" big room was available some days before, and also after the periode we should have stayed there - The hotel manager would not confirm, when I called her over the phone, that they had overbooked - But it is the only natural explanation.

So now we have to find another hotel 17 days before our vacation - Imagine how many hotels that currently have a large room with space for 4 people. And the few who have large rooms, has also turned up the price.

Book another hotel, if you want to make sure that you get what you ordered.
Grand Hotel Nizza et Suisse don't care about their customers and overbook the rooms

Date of stay: July 2016