See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2017

well located family athmosphere, this hotel is located right by the beach with a street in front of it (but not noisy) The rooms are small a bit old fashoined However, very good fro families parking spot excellent and a nice restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights.
Can't fault location it is perfect place to stroll from and have pre dinner drinks and a meal.
At the back of the pool there is a very large salt water pool. Usually quite empty around there until about 4 pm.
We stayed in a suite 'Iris'. This is a very large room with two doubles and two single sofa beds. A really large bathroom too. This is located at the back of the hotel overlooking the outdoor eating area and tennis court. It is quite a dark room but a good thing when it is hot.
The only downside is breakfast. No imagination at all, the same limited choice of food everyday which frequently runs out and they are slow to replenish.
I would definitely stay here again but if available go for room only abs have breakfast in the many available places by the sea.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2016

It has been a few years since my husband and I stayed at Hotel Marinella, but both of us look back on it with such fond memories. The little town of Maricana Marina has limited hotels and due to lack of planning, we ended up scrambling to find a hotel. That's how we landed on Hotel Marinella. It is an old hotel that initially reminded me of the old hotels along South Miami Beach before it became cool South Beach. A little dated and old-fashioned. I was disappointed when we walked in the door. But, after three nights, it really grew on us. It has many fine details that you just begin to love - huge windows that open out onto the harbor bringing you fresh ocean breezes each night and morning. It was summer, so we watched as groups of kids learned to sail early each morning, and watched throughout the day as fishing boats came in and out and fishermen repaired their nets as the sun set.

The breakfast was good with friendly service staff.

This "old fashioned" hotel became our little home and we just loved it. The courtyard behind the hotel is the center of the town's activity. Italian ladies walk arm in arm to church. School kids run around in the square and the local men gather around a table in the back of the terrific restaurant La Scala, playing cards and kidding each other. At one point we just felt like we were on the set of an Italian movie set in the 1960's. So, it's not fancy or luxurious, but it is clean, comfortable and beautiful.

Room Tip: Ocean front, third or fourth floor
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I don't normally return to hotels but I have been here every year for the last three years and I am hoping to go again this September.

The location is the most wonderful that I have ever been to. The hotel is a family run affair and it has charm and warm in bucket full's.

I don't really want anyone else finding this wonder but I want the hotel to do well so the reason for the review.

Room Tip: Have the seaview ones with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 14 September 2015

We had a room behind the main building at the top floor. It was an old room but very nice and clean. There was a little desk with a mirror, a closet and a fridge. The bathroom was big, but the shower small. The airco worked good. The ladies cleaned it every day. There is no elevator in the building, only in the main building. The ladies at the reception were very helpfull. One of them spoke good English and showed us a nice road at the island. Breakfast was really nice, there was enough choice and you can eat outside. The pool behind the hotel was not busy and we didn't have to pay for it. The wifi was also for free and the connection was good. There was always a place for our car en that was also for free. The location of the hotel is beautiful. When you walk out of the hotel, you immediately see the sea.

Room Tip: If you like rest, take a room behind the mainbuilding.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple