See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2015

I always base my reviews here on my overall experience somewhere, but also on my overall experience in comparison to my expectations.

Il Perseo may not be as grand as many other places I've stayed, but it surpassed my expectations and I thought it was a perfectly good stay for our one night in the area.

We had just left a wedding celebration at the flashy Hotel Hermitage in Portoferraio and wanted to see more of the island before leaving. An easy rental later (a 1990 Fiat Punto convertible nonetheless!) and we were headed to the west side of Elba in search of new beaches and what sounded like good hiking/climbing near Chiessi.

Chiessi is small, very small, and only has a small rocky beach. Il Perseo had a room available so we booked while on our way over. The guy at check-in was incredibly friendly and helpful and let me practice my Italian on him. We had a room facing the water with a small balcony...the room itself and the bathroom are very basic, but that is what I expected and the sea view balcony was what I was after! Clean sheets and a pretty comfortable bed meant I was perfectly fine with the room.

The hosted happy hour on the roof terrace for all guests was a really nice surprise! Breakfast was basic yet adequate, but our dinner there was awesome. And the private pool and terrace by the beach was a hugely nice offering as well.

All in all a simple yet pleasant place to stay for a night if you're in the area.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a great 6 nights in the heart of Florence and fell in love - again. The room was plenty big and we used the safe and just had the best time walking everywhere, especially since it was so central. We had a lovely room with a bell tower view, room 407, a perfect perch that was quiet and comfortable.

The breakfast is great - others have described it, but we got things we really wanted - plain yogurt, a second cappuccino, all we wanted. We had the best food of our trip by asking Tani for ideas on where to go. He marked our map, based on what we wanted. He was really there for us in lots of other ways too. And we enjoyed the other staff also: Laura, Jacinto.

We didn't find it inconvenient to turn in our key whenever we left the hotel. And I liked that there was such a friendly eye on everything. Made our trip great.

Room Tip: We loved room 407 with a view of the bell tower and plenty of quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hôtel was bad in Many aspects. Rooms are old, and noisy,and really dont worth the price.Chiessi Is located at the south west of the Island And it's not the best place to explore the Island.(plus, in Chiessi,it's a Rocky beach).
Hotel.s rooms are strangely spreaded around And we had to climb by Walk in a hot period a hill with our lugguages to join the room. Plus we had to move again to change our room. Welcome And services were really not the one we expected for such costy prices.
I suggest people who are in elba to stay in an hôtel on the north coast,,there are a lot of beautiful beaches and places to see.

Room Tip: Better to look on northern coast of the island
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Titeko78
Reviewed 14 October 2012

The hotel Perseo is good value for money. Clean, comfortable, great location in a charming village, the pool and showers near the beach are a real added bonus. Breakfast pretty ordinary, but dinner was good. We arrived on the off chance having had a bad experience elsewhere on Elba, and really chilled out, must have been good, we stayed 8 days. Great, simple, friendly, family run hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for front (sea view) if possible but side rooms ok
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chairdiva
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great location, friendly hosts. Breakfast was more than adequate and the lovely Laura was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012