“White truffle heaven!”

Price range: US$73 - US$233
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

A very traditional old school place with immaculate and perfect service. Food very if it’s time and place.Ideally someone else is paying.....

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived there on a Sunday afternoon for lunch without a reservation. We were warmly greeted and shown to a lovely table. From then on the service was extraordinary. As we speak very, very little Italian, we were able to work out a few dishes on the menu, but our waiter was very helpful in explaining them to us. We chose the goose liver pate for an entree and a wonderful lamb dish as our main. We had a great bottle of white that our waiter recommended. Everything about the experience was first class. We skipped dessert as we had to catch a train back to Bologna. The price, well that’s another story, but we expected it to be on the high side and we weren’t disappointed. But then every experience has a cost and if you want to have a truely amazing meal, SAN Domenico’s is the place to go

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

They were lovely. We arrived at 7:30,half an hour before they opened ( late in our view) We convinced them to let us sit at a table with a bottle of wine. All good. Lovely meal. I got fried fish which I believe I didn't order-but the menu was only in Italian. No matter. I was easygoing. However at the end, the bill was $62 and their internet wasn't working. NO accomdatoin other than telling me to the bank machine at the corner or to cough up cash. I need the cash and can't afford to use it. I find this is a sneaky way of merchant avoiding the surcharge at the expense of customers. Why should I have to run to a cash machine. This would not be an issue in North America and I very much resent it here. Rahter than pay the surcharge, they'd rather have their customer run out to a bank machine . Sorry we won't be back.With so many choices, who needs the aggravation? Pity- we enjoyed the restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 24 October 2017

For a very fine dining, it's to recommend in Imola, to visit San Domenico; excellent appetizers, artichokes, the triumph of basic ingredients, ravioli , spicy peccorino, pasta gricia, gnocchi, shrimp and zucchini; delicious local cuisne, we like to return.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I travel a lot and until today the Michelin Guide has been a milestome in chosing the restaurants. But after this experience i strongly doubt that Michelin stars are awarded ina fair and transparent manner.
This restaurant should not even be included in the Michelin guide, the food is ordinary and with no innovation. A chef with no modern techniques, lost back in the past of gastronomy, a mediocre and old fashioned service, all for the poorest value for money i ever encountered.
Once more i am asking myself which are the criteria for granting Michelin stars and after this dinner i strongly doubt wether i should continue to consider the Michelin guide as a proper recommendation for restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2017