All reviews room was clean minute drive cinque terre per day clubs cereal
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Never seen a place like this. Total rip off in Italy ... and not situated next to the colloseum if you know what I mean ‍♀️

Pay 18 eur for 2 brandless limonades, small bottle of water and icecream.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank YentlG
Danilo D, General Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Madam
thank you for your review that give us the possibility to monitor the quality of our service.
We are very sorry for your disatisfaction abaout the bar price. The price list is almost the same that other hotel' bars of the same category in Forte dei Marmi applied.
We are sorry even because you haven't appriciated that we given you free of charge the entrance in our swimming pool after that you entred without any permission of our staff.
I hope to have the possibility to take care of you next time that you will pass to charge your car in our hotel.
Best regards
The Hotel Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying in this 4☆ hotel. We booked this hotel by TUI. The room is oké but the rest of the hotel is worth 2 to 3☆. The 'restaurant' is like a factory canteen. The food is cold and realy bad. The bread you get with it is old. Ik have never wrote a bad review in my life, but this time I had to.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pirovano60
Danilo D, General Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

dear Guest,
we are very sorry for your disatisfaction. We highlited all the negative points written by you and we will work on these to improve the quality of our hospitality.
We hope that you will give us an other opportunity to demostrate our passion and professionalism.
I remain at your disposal for analaizing the context if you wish.
best regards

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Good location by the highway which was convenient for us. We stayed for two nights the room was clean the bed was comfortable, the choice of pillow perfect for me as the one provided was too hard. Once I correctly entered the password the wifi worked well. The breakfast was good and plentiful also have prosecco so you can make yourself a mimosa. The pool area is nice. On the map it looks like you are by the beach but in fact you are about a 5 minute drive from the beach and beach clubs. They have bicycles that you can use but I think you should definitely have a car here as there are so many places to see nearby. Pietra Santa is about 15 minutes away (good for art galleries and drinks, dinner), Lucca about 30 minutes Cinque terre about 1 1/2 hours away. Excellent location for exploring then getting back to a good nights rest.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Danilo D, Guest Relations Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your time spet to write the review.
We are glad to read that you have appriciated breakfast and in general your stay in our hotel.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Kind regards
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

If you're considering booking this hotel, don't.

Somehow UNA has managed to fluke a four star status when in fact it should be at most a three star. UNA's rooms are very modern and clean, their beds comfortable and their bathrooms up to standard.

UNA is situated 8-10 (€19-€23 taxi) minutes from the train station and 6-8 minutes (€16-€18 taxi) from the beach. In my time in Fort Dei Marmi I've walked both, the beach taking 30 minutes and the station taking 40. As you can tell, if you're not a hiking enthusiast or someone who enjoys spending a shed load of cash on taxis who start their meter on €15 then you may find this a bit awkward, especially if your booking here is for a week or more. These prices aren't mentioned anywhere on the hotels website or in any communication the hotel has with it's guests. I find this very misleading and is in some ways the elephant in the room.

Staff service should be comparable to its rooms at a hotel which boasts four stars, this is obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case at UNA who disappointed time and time again. One day, we asked/begged reception if we could have some tennis rackets to play on one of the two tennis courts. As one was already in use, the man at reception told us that it wasn't possible for us to use the other court as there was a chance someone could come into the hotel and book a tennis lesson. The hotel was empty on this day and the weather was miserable, no one was coming in for a tennis lesson. After a minute or so of going back and forth, we made it clear that we'd leave straight away if a tennis lesson was booked which eventually he reluctantly agreed to. There were no tennis lessons that day. On a separate occasion, I contacted the hotel to ring me a taxi from the station to the hotel as it was 22:30 and I didn't want to be waiting around with my partner at that time of night to which they agreed. My train arrived and 15 minutes later, in the cold, I contacted the hotel (they didn't contact me!) where they told me it wasn't possible to contact a local taxi company and that I'd have to flag one down from the main road. I found a local taxi number online, rang myself and was in a taxi within five minutes - although I suppose I could have sorted this out myself to begin with, hotels which boast such high standards are usually more than capable in facilitating transport to the hotel for guests at inconvenient times. Here are just two of the times the hotel failed in their 'duty of service'.

Sometimes on holiday it's nice to stay in the hotel for an evening or two, relax and sample the hotels own cuisine with a few drinks. The food here is terrible. Even though I had seen a few bad reviews, I decided to brave it. I should have took the fact that there was only one other table of four in the restaurant as some kind of warning about what was to come. I ordered a pizza and a bottle of water, thinking it would take a lot of effort to mess up a pizza. I was quite frankly disgusted with what I received from this four star outfit - a semi burnt, tasteless pizza which had quite clearly come straight out of the freezer. There was nothing fresh about it, twenty minutes in the oven and it arrived in front of me accompanied by a €4 bottle of water which added insult to injury. Safe to say that was the last time having dinner at the hotel crossed my mind.

UNA's breakfast thankfully didn't match up to it's lunch/dinner time menu. Although it wasn't the best quality of food and at a guess, it was purchased from the local supermarket, it was plentiful and it kept me full right up until lunch. Breakfast include pastries, fresh bread, cold meats and cheese, fruit, cereal, yoghurts, juices and a warm drink of your choice prepared by the staff on hand at breakfast who were always very attentive!

Myself and my partner cut our stay in UNA a day short for obvious reasons. We let the hotel know in advance and as expected they weren't interested in honouring any form of refund. We asked if we could be contacted by someone from the management team which never materialised. The manager was always out of the hotel or not available - something the manager should always be... or at least half the time.

If you've took the time to read this review, don't book UNA hotel. I'm not a person who likes to moan although it sure does look like it. I'm a person who likes to enjoy their holiday and when someone pays over £100 a night, I believe they have every right to receive a high standard of service.

If Fort Dei Marmi is the place your heart is set on, there are hotels in abundance in the city centre which is situated next to the beach and is where the majority of bars and restaurants are located.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
La Direzione L, Guest Relations Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear guest,
thank you for having dedicated some of your time to review our hotel; we are sorry to read that your stay was not satidfactory and we apologize for it.
At your disposal every day there was the manager on duty to whom you daily showed what was not on your expectations.
The information of location of the structure is shown on our site as well as on all website; the prices of private taxi depend on the companies and on the distances covered by traffic.
Tennis courts are at guests' disposal free of charge upon request and availability; we gave you the use of the field usually reserved to tennis private lessons when you asked for it.
We are sorry that our restaurant did not satisfy you, your review allows us to focus the quality of our products and services to fulfill our guests' expectations.
We remain at your complete disposal for any inquiries and give you best regards

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks and feels like a former mental hospital that has been transferred into a hotel! Rooms are terribly dirty, staff are extremely rude and not helpful at all, the air conditioner is very noisy and sounds like a spaceship machine, it's very far from the beach and the city center and they do not offer free shuttles unless you rent a bed at the beach!!! And when we asked the receptionist for a taxi he told us that all companies are very busy, so I called one company and easily booked one myself! This is the first time I spent minutes in an elevator just to reach the 3rd floor, and the last time I stayed at a hotel who uses a regular keys for its rooms (not electronic key) is in the 90s and this time!!
When we checked out they told us that checking out time is 11 am which is very strange and they were very strict about it and not friendly!
The worst of all is that their prices are very very high!! When I booked it I thought it is a really 4-star hotel according to its price! If I were to rate this hotel I would definitely give it a ZERO star.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nourarash
La Direzione L, Manager at UNAWAY Hotel Forte Dei Marmi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for having point out what you did not feel satisfactory during your stay, giving us the opportunity to focus our attention and to improve our standard.
The structure has an architecture that is typical of Versilia style and the attention to cleanliness is constantly monitored by our Housekeepers who have always guaranteed maximum levels of quality. We apologize for not having satisfied your expectations. Our Staff is continuous trained, we are sorry that we were unable to convey our professionalism despite all the assistance provided during our stay.
The hotel has a free shuttle for the beach, and to reach the city center you can use our bicycles.
We're sorry to read the comment about the check out time even though we had given a free late check out at 12.30 which you did not respect.
Hoping that in future you will give us the opportunity to show that your first impression does not match the reality; we remain at her disposal for further information.
Best regards