See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Comfort, nice, clean room, helpful staff, very good breakfast+ with local chocolate dessert and local bread. great location- walking distance to the sights and nice restaurants. The whole family loved it. We will definitely come again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
AstraHotel, Direttore at Astra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear guest,
we're very happy that you and your family loved our confortable rooms and the breakfast too. We really like to offer the specialties of Ferrara! We're waiting for your new stay in Ferrara!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Hotel in a good location, 5 mins walk from the Castello. Room was bigger than most I have stayed in recently and bathroom shower was a good size also. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
AstraHotel, Direttore at Astra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear Lesley,
thank you for your kind review.
We're happy that your stay was good, we hope that you'll have the opportunity to visit again Ferrara and its surrounding and to stay at the Astra Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

The people here are very nice , always trying to help,the service is excellent
You get here free Wifi.
We really enjoyed the breakfast,a lot of choices,home made.
Near the hotel you have a lot of good restaurants and supermarkets.

Recommend to come here's do enjoy a wonderful vacation

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
AstraHotel, Direttore at Astra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear guest,
thank you for your kind review, we're really happy you enjoy your stay in Ferrara at the Astra Hotel!
We hope that you'll come back soon, best regards.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

I am an elderly experienced world traveler, picky but not overly so, who does much research on accommodations before I travel, and am therefore usually pleased with where I end up. Clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient, friendly are my criteria, but I am a big fan of “olde worlde charme”.
This is modern, and a bit large for a boutique hotel but overall I recommend it.
The last 3 reviews were "OK, nothing special", "Clean & Quiet", and "Pretty decent place". That sums it up !!
The Location was OK, a bit of a walk to the historic center, particularly returning at night after a long day, and a bit of a hike to the railway/bus station, but doable, It is in a safe neighborhood, but the restaurants are downtown..
Staff, universally English speaking, were friendly and helpful enough. It was a kind of impersonal place.
Cleanliness was perfect in my room, bathroom, and public areas. The maid service was fine.
The Bathroom size was OK
The Breakfast buffet was good and well served.
The Restaurant in the hotel was unappealing - stark and with a staff who fought amongst each other, so I dined downtown in two restaurants which advertised "cucina locale" and were fabulous
The Lobby was OK and the front desk open all hours.
There was an elevator to my room.
The Room was a typical miini-single like often is found in Europe. The bed was comfortable, there was a TV which I never watched. The room was quiet - NO barking dogs, no loud late strollers in the street, no trash collectors in the early am. Though one night, there was a terrible din coming from some nearby place and the management just said they were full when I wanted to change my room. They couldn't have cared less. That was bad. But the noise eventually stopped.
The View from my room was an alley.
The all important WIFI worked OK in the room but I usually do that in the lobby as it is always better there. THERE WAS A FREE COMPUTER IN THE LOBBY FOR GUESTS - WONDERFUL. That made up for the above problem.
The Value for the money was acceptable
I might stay there again, or maybe in the historic center...

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
AstraHotel, Direttore at Astra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Dear Sir,
thank you very much for your extensive reviews.
I'm happy that you had a nice stay in our hotel, have a nice trip all over the world!

Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

Average breakfast and room etc. The only thing of note at this hotel was the WiFi failing twice during my stay. Not acceptable in this day and age, and the staff attitude when we inquired about it was dismissive.

Parking is available, but is 20€ per day secured, or 3€ per day on the streets. Funnily enough, we were not told about the street option when we first asked about parking.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Alex,
we had some trouble with Wi-Fi during your stay, we are really sorry for this issue. Actually, of course, everything works fine.
We hope the you appreciated any other service of our hotel, best regards.