All reviews cruise ship pre cruise train station revolving door late check top floor next morning shuttle service sea view charming hotel rome airport restaurants and shops your luggage breakfast room the hotel offers free shuttle breakfast was included
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We were booked to take a Mediterranean cruise in July and decided to stay in Civitavecchia rather than Rome to allow us time to explore the port. We booked a room at Hotel San Giorgio 11 months previously which was confirmed before our departure from home. Two days before our intended stay we received an email whilst we were in London advising that the hotel had made an error and our reservation could not be fulfilled. Our options were to cancel the booking or to accept a relocation to another hotel. We had no choice but to accept the suggested hotel which turned out to be 3 kilometers away in the hills overlooking the port. The hotel had no potable water, very few staff spoke English and the accommodation was spartan to say the least. The hotel paid for our dinner, small recompense for the inconvenience and discomfort we endured. Our email of complaint to the hotel has never been acknowledged. Travellers beware!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AussieLynette
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Nicely located across from the beach and interesting vendors nearby: would use the venue again. Had good air conditioning but the hours of operation for the Resturant were odd. Good food and inexpensive bar drinks. Updated and uptown in atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I booked a room for a pre-cruise one night stay a full year before my trip. I paid in full at the time of booking. It was their Super Stay 2018 promotion. The room was for
Thursday 30 August 2018, booked on 13 August 2017. I checked with the hotel in April that the booking was still ok and received confirmation that it was. On 27 August, 3 days before my holiday I received an email from the hotel stating that they were in an overbooking situation and that they had cancelled my room.They offered a full refund or a room at the Sunbay Park hotel. At this late stage I had to accept the move. I can only assume that they were able to re-sell my room for a much higher price. I've read other reviews regarding cancellations at this hotel so my experience is not an isolated case.

7  Thank SorryL2014
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Arrived late afternoon for stay before cruise and the staff could not have been nicer especially the day staff in restaurant! Had a lovely meal both lunchtime and evening and hotel ideal spot for shopping and sightseeing. Would visit this hotel if in the area again.

Room Tip: We had the room with bedroom upper floor and balcony lower floor...more expensive but worth it.
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Yes the rooms are small, but many European hotels are similar. Besides we don’t spend much time in our rooms on vacation, we like to check out the area.

The air conditioning and the bathroom were good.

We stayed the night before our Cruise. We wanted to avoid the madness of Rome for one night and ensure the peace of mind knowing that we were a km or so from the port for the required 12:30 boarding process.

I found the staff helpful. A shuttle took us from the hotel to the port, easy way to go.

The town is small but we spent the day prior to the cruise exploring the area. Had a nice meal can’t remember the restaurant name. It was on the same street towards the train station.

Not sure of the negative reviews. I would stay here again if taking a cruise. It was one night and the location was excellent.