“Excellent pizza”

Tre Porte (The Three Doors)
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant with a pleasant owner who speaks good English.

My pizza was really good, with generous topping. My wife’s pork dish was very tasty but we felt could have done with more vegetable accompaniment for the price. The baked vegetables supposed to be with it were really only a garnish and you would have to pay extra for potatoes.

On the whole, pretty good and quite busy.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

To be honest, when we first passed Tre Porte, we thought it would be a tourist trap due to its terrace near the main parking spot of Castellina. We could not have been more wrong! In my opinion, this restaurant is underrated at 4 stars! This is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in Chianti and trust me, we have been to a lot!
The food is outstanding at a reasonable price. For antipasti and primo piatti, I can strongly recommend the tartare di manzo and the sformato di melanzane. For secondi piatti, especially the pizza and calzone are fantastic. If you like meat, the tagliata di manzo is also great. For dolci, you have to try the soufflè al cioccolato! I'd go back to Tre Porte just for their chocolate soufflè!
The atmosphere is wonderful as well. On warm evenings, you can sit on the terrace which offers a nice view and romantic atmosphere. Last time, we sat inside, which was nice too. The service is highly professional and friendly.
All in all, I can only recommend this amazing restaurant!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Sat on the busy terrace. Service was friendly but slow-paced. Menu was good and moderately priced. Enjoyed the melon with prosciutto, and the risotto with beans, bacon and cheese was really tasty.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We visited the place last week. We decided for it because it had a nice view and is a bit off main street. Although being sited quick, table was full of leaves from tree branches and the staff did no bother to clean it. They were not enthusiastic and in-sync about everything. The menu offered big selection but the prices were relatively high. It took quite long to order anything but we got our orders really quick which is a plus. We had Hamburger&fries but we were a bit disappointed and they are definitely not worth the price. On the other hand, the pizzas on the tables around looked great and they were not that expensive. Maybe we should have chosen that.

I must also point out that after my first review I have been contacted by the member of staff of the restaurant who asked me about my experience at their place and was very willing to provide me a better experience. I believe they are trying their best to satisfy their customers and would go there again.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Great restaurant in Castellina in Chianti. Great food, great service and well worth a visit. Would advise to book in advance as this restaurant is very popular and does get busy!