1,944 results
All reviews concordia temple temple view room private access presidential suite small luxury hotel five star hotel direct view stunning location terrace restaurant wonderful hotel perfect view greek temple terrace overlooking main temple lit up at night lovely pool pasta
Reviewed 1 April 2017

One of the finest hotels we have ever used! Our room, the Villa Suite, was remarkable.The patio that looked out toward the Greek temple was enormous.The staff was extraordinarily helpful, the hotel restaurants were outstanding, and the location in relation to the Greek ruins was incredible!

Room Tip: Any room facing the temple is outstanding. The luxury suite is outstanding.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The rooms are great and views wonderful. Great location for getting right into to Valley of the Temples. If they just had good service to go with the rest, I could give them a 5. But this was the worst, least attentive service of all the hotels we have stayed in here in Sicily. Fix this one thing and you have a great hotel. But, we were 3 couples and none of us felt that the service was worthy of better than a 3 star rating.

Stayed: March 2017
Hotel_Villa_Athena, Direttore at Hotel Villa Athena, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Dear howardlh19,

Thank you for taking the time to report us your feedback and for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor.
I am truly sorry to read your impression of our service; we are accustomed to receive only very positive comments and I strongly invite you to believe and to be assured that the attitude, humility, kindness and professionalism of all our staff are the most important asset and competitive advantage of the Hotel Villa Athena.
I hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back to Agrigento in order to change your tarnished impression.

Kind regards,

Roberto Principato

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Booked a room with dinner; room was really lovely. Dinner very nice. Restaurant staff are great (thanks). Note that the spa has to be booked before you visit - I had planned to go to the spa but this wasn't possible, to my disappointment as it's not clear when you book that it's 'subject to availability'

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We stayed here for three nights and it was bliss. We had booked a room, which was lovely, but my husband upgraded us to a room with a terrace that had a view of the temple. It was just lovely and so romantic. The staff were great and the food and wine interesting and complex. I would recommend it for all lovers of the special

Room Tip: 201 this is room with the best temple view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lindaW955XA

Dear lindaW955XA,

Thank you for having chosen Hotel Villa Athena during your stay in Agrigento and for sharing your positive comment on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to read that you felt comfortable at our hotel and were pleased with the good attitude of our professional staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Roberto Principato

Reviewed 14 March 2017

One of my friends stayed here a few years ago and I saw his pictures online and knew I had to come here. It lived up to every expectation. We stayed in a deluxe room with temple view. Our room had a nice patio you could sit out on, but we were here in the summer so it was super hot so we decided to spend our afternoon at the beautiful pool. It was so surreal laying there and seeing the temple and ruins in the background. The pool wasn't super busy and it was very quiet and peaceful. Staff here was great. We showed up for lunch too late but they were still willing to make us some sandwiches despite the kitchen closing until dinner. The rooms were beautiful, with tile floors. My brother's room had wood floors--I'm guessing due to a leak because when we used the shower in our room, a ton of water got out onto the tiles and we had to grab a bunch of towels and most it up. Bathroom shower was great and had nice pressure. The hotel is a quick drive to the Valley of the Temples. We showed up for the night entry--we should have come 30 minutes early because the line was LONG and it got dark fast. Breakfast is served in this hotel in a smaller separate building. It was GREAT and super clean and had plenty of options to choose from in their buffet. I really wished we could've soaked up this beautiful hotel for one more night but we were on a tight itinerary and had to head out the next day. We hit the pool in the morning just to soak up the sun and view before we hit the road. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Deluxe room had a great view and patio
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple