“Excellent well worth a visit.”
Review of Forktree Brewing

Forktree Brewing
Description: Set on the hill behind Carrickalinga township Forktree Brewing is housed in a reinvigorated, historic shearing shed. Many of the build materials were recycled from the existing structure giving it an authentic Australian feel. Forktree offers visitors craft beers, South Australian wines and a fantastic food offering with spectacular views along the west Fleurieu coastline
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and service. Good variety on the menu. Nice to have something a little different from other places on the menu. Staff were excellent. Lovely crackling fire on a cold night.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (96)

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Bought the tasting paddle of four beers - good serving size. My favourite was the Orange Sour and their new lager beers. We ordered the chicken liver pate and it was delicious- the breads that accompanied were tasty as well!!! The staff were friendly and the atmosphere great. Lovely views outside down to the beach. Highly recommend a visit!!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Camj_13
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

I arrived in oh March maybe, with a team of deep sea divers and we came for the beers. Very nice beers we took our time. We sampled the food and noticed this is not your ordinary restaurant. I started on the marinara, far out man, Now we have been in Carrickalinga for months and I still order the marinara every time. Ive traveled the world extensively for work and for vacations I’ve seen some amazing food and cultures. This marinara is better than any Ive tried in the Mediterranean and I gave that a fair lashing. I imagine there are other meals on the menu and specials, maybe, could be. Who knows really.

My guys talk all week about going to forktree on fridays. Then on the weekends all they’re talking about is how good it was.

The mood inside on a cold winters nights is warming, the staff are friendly, fast and we have a few laughs. The food is consistently delicious! There is a fantastic selection of local and SA wines. You will have to book in. The place is usually full.

Team DBM.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank 171kymj
Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

As group of 8 people in our 60’s we had Friday lunch of Thai Beef salad, pork belly, sliders, gnocchi and veg burger. All were fabulous including the best Thai Beef salad I have had in years. The drinks and local brewed beers were first rate.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 6 June 2021

We took 20 relatives and friends to lunch to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The staff were very friendly and did their best to make the experience enjoyable for all. The food was terrific and plentiful and there is a good selection of local wines and craft beers.
The views over Carrickalinga and the gulf waters are superb and there is even a play area for the young ones, we had three who enjoyed it and lots of parking.
When it came to the bill I was very surprised as it was about half of what I expected and looking through it there were none of the sneaky add ons which many restaurants will put in under an open "tab".
We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2021