Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews minor improvements airport transfer raymond maldives male comfort egg
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2018

I recently stayed at the Lonuveli hotel for one night whilst on transit to another island resort.
The stay didn't start well as our driver was not waiting at the airport as was expected when our flight landed. We had to call reception and wait around for him to arrive.
The hotel is located on the airport island right on the beach and the views are very good. There was also a night market operating just down the street and a number of restaurants in the area as well.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful and willing to assist with any queries.
The real issue we had was with the room, or in particular the bathroom!
The room on the 3rd floor provided a good view of the beach, albeit the balcony was very small. The main room is okay with a good sized bed, chairs and tables etc.
Unfortunately the hotel does not have a lift so walking up and down 3 floors every time you went out was not a great experience, especially for my wife who had an ankle injury at the time.
The real problem with the room is the bathroom. First off it smelt of sewerage and secondly the shower / bath was one of the worst designed setups I have ever seen in all the hotels I have visited! The water pressure is not strong and the shower head does not protrude far enough into the bath, so the majority of water from the shower lands on the bath edge and then proceeds to run off onto the floor as there is an inch gap in the shower screen! Why?!!! After only a minute or two the bathroom floor was awash with water and took ages to drain away. Needless to say we frequented the bathroom as least as possible during our stay.

The breakfast 'buffet' is pretty sparse with make your own coffee or tea and a couple of basic staple breakfast dishes.

As mentioned, the staff were friendly and the main room and location is good, however, the experiences with the bathroom and lack of a lift and delays in pickup, definitely negatively impacted our experience and overall rating!

The Bad: Without a doubt, the bathroom!
The Good: Friendly, helpful staff
The Better: Good views and location
The Best: No specific standout features

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank A_Big_Bloke_Abroad
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We had booked the trip to Maldives and had booked hotel Lonuveli. It was a nice budget hotel very near to the beach. We really enjoyed our stay there. The staff if very cordial. Main thing is that the supermarket is very close by at walking distance from this hotel. That was very convenient for us.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, First night in Sea View Room and the second night in Deluxe Room. Can’t say it was great, but not very good though.
The Reception staff were very friendly and answers any questions on the spot. The Sea View Room and Deluxe Room was beautiful, comfy and had a great view. I was expecting to have a little more spacious bathroom, but to be honest it wasn’t enough to even breath. I’m not much of an outgoing person and I do enjoy watching movies in my room, but I couldn’t do it here, since TV was so small and the only channels I could watch was 5 or 6 news channels. I believe that a Hotel like this should at least have a nice range of TV channels even if they can’t place a big TV.
Thank you for everyone who helped throughout my stay and I have already booked your Honeymoon Suite for my next stay. I hope the things I mentioned will be better.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We booked this hotel 3 days in advance prior to our arrival date, at the time of booking they told us they will call one day prior to arrange transportation but nobody called us booking confirmation was easy and quick send within few minutes, at the day of arrival we called and went on our own transfer their standard check in time is 1pm when we went it was 1.15pm they told room is not ready we booked for a seaview room for the weekend getaway, so we kept our bags and went to out to have lunch by the time we can back 2.45 still room not ready the young girl at the reception said still room is not available because the guest occupying the room haven't still checked out, we asked them how long do we have to wait and they told the problem is the room is occupied by two of their staffs and they are in male city for a work and they don't know when they will be back! this was really frustrating as we booked 3 days in advanced and confirmation was sent to us via email. we Thanked them for the good hospitality and left to harp hotel which was much more cheaper compared to them and they gave the last checkout room within 15 minutes after cleaning. really disappointing they didn't even bothered to apologize just said you have to wait till they check out and they don't know when the people occupying the room will come back! seriously don't stay here! Will never recommend anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neen M
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

People were friendly. The beach was right next to the hotel. Food was decent not great. The hotel arranged a lot of day trips for us and they were quite aware of the prices etc and helped us out greatly.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SathappanS