Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Trip.com
Agoda.com
1,458 results
All reviews four poster bed evening meal wedding venue lovely setting lounge area lovely room sunday lunch full english breakfast afternoon tea food was lovely member of staff following morning couldn't do enough main building cooked breakfast an overnight stay second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2022 via mobile

Terrible experience. I booked afternoon tea there with a few friends for my hen party. Despite knowing in advance we were a hen party, when we arrived there we were told there was a wedding on and I couldn't openly celebrate it as my hen do due to their one bride policy . we weren't even allowed to sit in the gardens despite ringing them the day before and them telling us we could. They even rang me on way home to mistakingly allege that we had not paid for some drinks. They had two clear opportunities to tell me before the day they had a wedding on! One member of their staff was rude. I complained to manager who wasn't interested. Ruined my day with their terrible communication skills

Room tip: Unless you are having a wedding there I wouldn't bother going. I was made to feel very unwelcome
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mrs Swain, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2022

Hi Helen,

I have spoken with the staff and checked your afternoon tea booking and at no point were we informed in advance that it was booked as a hen party. We operate a one bride per day policy, so you can appreciate that the wedding was booked many months in advance, and it wouldn't be fair on the wedding couple to have a hen party taking place with veils and wedding attire from your party. If you told upon booking that you wanted a hen party celebration, we would have told you that this wouldn't have been possible.

I am sorry that you were disappointed, but I can assure you that we were not made aware that it was a hen party until your arrival.

Reviewed 19 September 2022

Four poster room was nice but basic. No bottled water, coffee machine, limited toiletries. A wedding was taking place which didn’t help our experience as lots of banging at night. Food was nice, staff attentive, definitely a three star venue

Hi,

I am sorry you were disappointed during your recent stay with us. I do hope you'll gave us another opportunity in the future. It is advisable to call the hotel to make sure there is no wedding taking place if you wanted a quieter getaway.

Reviewed 16 September 2022

Our second visit to this beautiful castle. We were given a warm welcome by the receptionist who could not do enough for us and was very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for her. We stayed in room 3, the last one in the annexe, very quite and out of the way, this did not matter as you can access the restaurant through the corridor into the hotel and do not need to go outside. The room was large and had a large Plasma T.V with lots of channels to choose from, T.V and WIFI had perfect reception. The room and bedding was spotlessly clean. The room had a brand new bathroom, which I have to say was very small as there was not much room between the sink and the shower unit, it had a power shower and lots of hot water with lots of fluffy towels. The only point I would make is that this bathroom would not be suitable if you have a disability, which unfortunately I had but I managed to over come the issue. I did not mention that I had a disability so the problem was mine and not the hotel as I feel sure that if I had mentioned it to reception they would have moved us to another room if at all possible, but we were happy where we were. Breakfast and evening meals were cooked to perfection good quality food piping hot, plentiful and the staff were very freindly, sevice was excellent at all times morning and night. Just like to thank all the staff for making our stay a happy one and appreciate everything they did to make our stay a happy one. See you all again.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments onto all the staff who made your stay so enjoyable. I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2022

We are staying nearby and decided to treat ourselves to Afternoon Tea in the Castle. The reviews were good so we were looking forward to ending our holiday on a high. Sadly it was a bit of a letdown. We were put in a room with no real features and no other guests, not even a view from our table,, not the surroundings we expected from the photos. The only time we saw a member of staff was when the tea was served, with no follow up to ask if more tea was required. The saving grace was the bite sized cakes which were good. All in all not really worth the £40 Maybe we would have had a better experience if the hotel had other guests.

1  Thank sheilai727
Mrs Swain, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2022

Dear Sheila,

Whilst I am sorry that you were disappointed with your afternoon tea experience, it isn't really any fault of the hotel that there were no other customers taking afternoon tea at the same time at yourselves. Our staff would have been more than happy to move your table to one more preferential if you would have requested it at the time. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future, but if something isn't to your satisfaction, our staff would be more than happy to correct it at the time.

Reviewed 5 September 2022

Our daughter and son in law chose the castle two years ago and not one family member or friends were disappointed at all. From start to finish our stay and the beautiful wedding ceremony and wonderful meal was superb. Big thanks to all the staff who made their unforgettable special day

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank coralmiller1

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your comments onto everyone involved in making your daughter and son in laws wedding so memorable.