All reviews park inn bar food full english superior room tea and coffee wedding reception self service buffet style breakfast staff overnight stay plenty of parking one night stay lakeside shopping lovely grounds garden suite cooked breakfast cakes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here a few years ago but was under a different name then. Staff at check in, breakfast and check out were all very friendly. Although the room was a bit on the small size it looked like it had benifited from a recent refurbishment and had everything you needed. The bed was comfy also. Breakfast was buffet style but hot and plenty of choice.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
StuartFriell, General Manager at Stifford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear GPSHADOW,

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

As a business traveller who works and stays in the area on a weekly basis, I have stayed in numerous hotels from The Tower in the City to a Premier Inn in Basildon and my experience yesterday was one of the lowest quality stays ever. Although this is not my first choice Hotel and the rooms are a bit dated and sterile, I always considered it as a good back up if my first choices are not available, this may have to change.
After a hard day at work and a 5am start I arrived ready for a long hot shower to freshen up and revitalise. At first things looked good with a large shower head and not the usual water saver heads you find in many establishments. Disappointment soon followed as the water pressure was very low, disappointment was then compounded when the temp dial that was set to 38 degrees was stone cold(perhaps it meant 38 on Kelvin Scale) even with the temp setting moved to max the temp was barely luke warm.......so I don’t come across totally negative the cold shower did wake me up.
I did raise with reception to complain and was told “ perhaps a lot of people where using the showers at same time” is this not expected in a hotel !!!!!! I was offered alternative room but decline as I didn’t want to repack and unless the room had its own boiler then it wouldn’t change the situation.
My experience deteriorated even more when I tried to use the WiFi to FaceTime the family. No connection!!!!! Again contacted Reception and was told that they had a problem an hour before but it was fixed, and to try again. So I did this on another device with the same results. Complained again to be told “they where ok at reception” and to “try again.” I was not the only one who had this issue, as I passed 2 people in corridor FaceTiming off the main building network and one said the same thing as I did.
On a further point if you park in the lower car park ....... bring a torch as the only illumination is terrible. See pics

Trip type: Travelled on business
StuartFriell, Guest Relations Manager at Stifford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear stephenhF7120VS,

Thank you for your recent review, I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay.

Since receiving you review I have investigated the points you have raised and can only but apologise. We have not experience any issues with water, pressure or temperature nonetheless, I have asked my maintenance team to investigate your comments.

We have experienced an issue with our gust wifi in part of the hotel and we have instructed out wifi provider to replace a faulty fibre connection however we do have strong connectivity in and around our public areas.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Just had a fantastic afternoon tea. Cakes were delicious. Keith (the chef) personally came to check we enjoying ourselves - he is so accommodating and will happily source particular ingredients for dietary requirements. Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend as an afternoon venue.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
StuartFriell, General Manager at Stifford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear 107luans,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to us and I will certainly pass on your thanks to Keith and the team.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We stayed here overnight 22nd October before going away the next day. We had a wheelchair friendly room. Everything was amazing. The room was huge as was the bathroom. Loads of room. They looked after our campervan for us while we were away for a charge. Definitely going back.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Leah S,

Thank you very much for your review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

The friendly service was excellent from the telephone booking to checking out. Our room was immaculate and extremely comfortable with all necessary facilities. Breakfast (buffet style), served in the sumptuous surroundings of the restaurant was excellent and included a great range of options from full English to continental, fruit, pastries, breads, juices and beverages. It felt very luxurious. A short stop in 'the library' room is to be recommended - a cosy room with a fire to read the papers or maybe have a cup of coffee.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StuartFriell, General Manager at Stifford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Carol R,

Thank you very much for your recent review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.