“First visit, nice food”

Miller & Carter Steakhouse
Ranked #30 of 134 Restaurants in Sevenoaks
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Visited on a Friday evening with a friend. First impressions were good, friendly waitress, nice modern decor and plenty of seating/tables. We ordered the nacho starter to share which was huge! We both had the steak experience, served with chips, onion bread, beef tomato and wedge. I ordered a rump steak, off the bone, medium. I must admit I was a little disappointed that my steak was overcooked and more medium-well than medium The wedge was literally half an iceburg with your choice of sauce drizzled over it, I'm still not completely sold on this concept! Drinks, starter and desserts were nice, but I think the prices are a little high and may need reviewing, I appreciate steak is not the cheapest of meat but if it isn't cooked well it becomes poor value for money. However, all that said, I would visit again and couldn't fault the service.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Linsy Blake

Thank you, we very much appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review, we're glad you enjoyed your experience with us.
However, I'd like to apologise about your steak and how it was served to you. I will be sharing your review with our kitchen team to get them up speed and improve for you next visit.
I hope you can understand that as our lettuce wedges are a trade mark within miller and carter, though some people don't understand the concept which is out of our control.
Again, I apologise and hope you have a better experience with us next time. See you again very soon.
Many thanks
Miller and Carter Sevenoaks

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This markets itself as a reasonably upscale steakhouse but it is so not. Five of us went and the main criticism is that the meat was decidedly third rate. I ordered ribeye with bone medium and apart from being rare, it was 40% fat and tendon. One of the worst pieces of steak I have ever had. My wife's Fillet was marginally better

Most of the dishes are clearly pre-made, the wedge salad is just that, a wedge with a bit of dressing drizzled on top. Lastly, they were out of two of the items we wanted to order.

All that for £165 (main and dessert, no alcohol).

I do not mind spending money on dinner if the quality is there, but this? I will never go again.

1  Thank Soaks1968
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Soaks1968,

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us. I'd like to apologise about your overall stay including our food quality and availability.
I hope that you can understand that as a Branded Restaurant we have to stick to our trade marks, such as the lettuce wedge; not all guests understand the concept however as a business we like to think it compliments your steak.

As for your 18oz ribeye on the bone, I understand your frustration though unfortunately due to the bone on the steak the steak cooks slightly rarer closer to the bone, I apologise we were unable to rectify this though it is definitely something we are trying to improve on. Now we have a new menu the Ribeye on the bone has been taken off and a 16oz Ribeye has replaced this, so if you would like to give us another chance please come in and try our new products on the new M&C menu.

We have taken all of your comments on board and I will be sure to speak to the chefs about the quality of your meals. Again I apologise about unpleasant visit and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. We will be sure to deliver our usual standard of premium service. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Love the food here. Sometimes the service is a bit slow although the staff are lovely. Very hard to drive the car past this place!!!! What is our favourites. Everything we've tried on the menu

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Lorraine

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us; we very much appreciate your rating and we have taken your coments onboard, which we hope to improve on at your next visit. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Our previous family visit was distinctly average. However, we were prepared to try again and I am glad we did. A couple of sharing starters of mixed breads/pesto/olives/balsamic and a salt and pepper squid were followed by four really good main courses. My daughter enjoyed the veggie burger and my buttermilk roast half boneless chicken was a revelation. My wife had sea bass which was perfectly cooked and my son's need for a big juicy steak was fulfilled by a perfectly cooked ribeye.Coffee and mini deserts to end the meal were perfect. I will definitely be back on this showing. Wait times were reduced and service was good. Slightly frustrated by the M&C drinks policy as my son was looking forward to a small glass of wine but wasn't allowed as he had no ID. Shame but it didn't spoil the meal. Thanks to all at M&C Riverhead for a good meal.

Sennockred

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am so pleased that you had a great experience with us. The team will be delighted to hear your comments, however i do oppologise about our drinking policy though i hope you understand our resons. If you have any inquires about this subject please dont hesitate to contact us and We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Last minute Sunday lunch. Great service lovely food the 50 day aged steak was fabulous and the sides were good to

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Candy Jacki

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us; we very much appreciate your rating and We hope to welcome you again soon.