“5 Star all the way”
Review of Tuscany Restaurant

Tuscany Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Castletown
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Description: Thank you for joining us in our journey to discover and enjoy our selection of Traditional dishes and recipes from the Land and Sea of Tuscany. Our aim is to make your visit to Tuscany Restaurant an Experience that you will not forget! To produce our dishes we will use Manx Products as much as possible together with carefully selected Italian Products and a Wine List that will...surprise you! The Slow Food Movement began in Turin (Italy) in 1989. It is a way of eating that recognizes that there is a strong link between the community, the environment, and good food. The Slow Food Movement values culture, fresh and honest ingredients, and diversity between the two. It is a global organisation that has grown over the past few decades to spread the message of support for local food and its traditions. We should eat food that reflects our values. That statement is at the core of the Slow Food Movement. It is a movement that needs engagement from global communities and active efforts toward change in order to thrive. As a part of Slow Food, we hope to inspire you and future generations to carry on the tradition of good, clean, and fair food for everyone. Thanks, Dante & Eva
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I feel I have to comment on a previous review about this restaurant as it is one of my favourite eating places and I feel the effort made by them from the drink and amuse bouche to the rose at the end of the meal is second to none.It in no way deserves being called a special occasion restaurant as prices compare very well to most and better than many.We had the early bird menu which is great value for money.In my humble opinion they get it 100% on all accounts keep up the good work guys and thanks a lot.

tuscanyiom, Owner at Tuscany Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

First of all thank you Salsicce for your umpteenth visit, it is always a pleasure to have you at our tables. This price is not the first time I hear it, and I let it go, after all, just pick up the menu and say more than a thousand words. We have local guests (absolutely normal families) who are at our tables two or three times a week, including you, so the answer to some veiled illusions is inherent in this. People talk, and in any case we thank you. I thank you for always being pleasant and polite people. This qualifies our restaurant much more than many words. Thank you.
Dante

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect couples destination for "Italian dinner per due". It's definitely an everyone welcome kind of place though. As well as several tables for two there was a family dining as well as a single gentlemen eating alone on the evening we chose. Complimentary drink and appetiser is thoughtful and unexpected (unless you've read it here first!) We were determined to manage three courses and often don't make it as far as dessert so we paced ourselves and enjoyed a leisurely evening. We started with ravioli, then tried two specials: a venison sausage dish and a baked fish dish. To conclude we selected two different "cakes" from a nice (hard to make) choice. More complimentary alcohol arrived which we were unable to drink and wasn't necessary but obviously no complaints about the wonderful hospitality overall. It may prevent me returning too often. I'd rather not have gifts at all in favour of paying a little less but if it's a must then why not offer complimentary bottled sparking water and appetiser-or an after dinner "dolce" It's still a yes from both of us- for special times not regular dining. La dolce vita indeed.

Good Morning Walk4miles and first of all thank you for your review and for keeping us in mind. Known from your review that, it would seem that you found yourself at ease with us. I have the habit of offering my guests a farewell drink if there are enough caloric supplies to allow me during dinner, I will however take into account your very good observation and I might consider stopping offering some cl. of grappa to my guests. Thanks again for your visit and see you soon.
Dante.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There are many ‘Italian’ restaurants around these days but if you want the real thing then come here. It was one of those meals that stunned both me and my fiancé into silence while we ate.
You’re made to feel so welcome and the chap (Danny I think) couldn’t have been more attentive. He was delighted to answer any questions on not only the menu, but on food and cooking in general.
These types of places need to be supported so do yourself a big favour and treat yourself.

tuscanyiom, Owner at Tuscany Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

First of all thank you for your visit Mick, and thank you for understanding our business philosophy. We have other little restaurants in Italy and so, we have decidedly decided not to change anything, to not comply with what is believed to be Italian cuisine. 25% of our products come from the Isle of Man (The Fresh) the rest we are importing directly from producers in Italy and France, cheeses, wines and an infinity of other delicacies. I have always had a great trust in my guests, in understanding and in realizing that being a restaurateur is something different than serving in a dish products purchased at the supermarket (and certainly the cheapest .....), and if I can be sincerely, I am really pleased that some of our guests have come to your conclusions. Thank you. From the heart!
D

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Visiting IOM for TT and came across this small, intimate restaurant by chance one evening. It’s not frequented by bikers, more for the locals and it made a pleasant change from previous places where we’d been turfed out the minute we finished a meal to free space. Before we ordered we were given a welcome drink and a tomato bruschetta each. While waiting for our meal to be cooked we were offered olives and bread. We were too late for the sunset menu which is a set £20 between 5-7pm and wish we’d found this hidden gem earlier in our stay. It was good to be able to chat and relax after the meal rather than have someone breathing down our neck to make room for groups of bikers. Good food - we chose the fish special of sea bass. Friendly owner.

tuscanyiom, Owner at Tuscany Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

First of all, we thank you for your kind visit. In fact it is true we are a little hidden but in many respects it is better this way, for us and for you.
The tuscany is an atypical restaurant for the UK and we are aware, the research of quality raw materials, the atmosphere we try to create, thanks to you, is part of our service. I have no idea how it is elsewhere, and after all given the preamble, I prefer not to experiment. Thank you very much for your visit, and if you return to our beautiful island you will certainly be welcome, and with a smile. Dany, Dante & Eva.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I took two work colleagues here last week while they were over for a meeting, and all of us were profoundly impressed by the quality of the food and the service, which was attentive without being intrusive. We can recommend their 'Sunset menu'. And it was our first experience of bonet, a sort of chocolate version of creme caramel. Mmm!

tuscanyiom, Owner at Tuscany Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

First of all, we thank you for visiting and we are pleased to have met your expectations. Thank you also for choosing the Bönet, a sweet typical of the ancient nobility of Savoy; to propose it, for us, was a gamble but I am pleased that you meet more and more the tastes (albeit very different from the European ones) of the British. We hope to see you soon at our tables, thanks again. Dante