Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
Snaptravel
All reviews modern hotel underground parking balcony overlooking walk in shower excellent shower an excellent hotel good size would highly recommend this hotel kippers biscuits atrium balconies rom hairdryer manx
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2021

The staff, with one exception, were excellent. The food was also very good although on the dinner menu there was very little choice and for Breakfast it was just Buffet food with eggs being the only fresh order despite the menu on the website stating there was an a la carte selection including Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale. The room was adequate. The bathroom was good size with an excellent shower but the room was only just big enough to fit the bed in, but it worked with sufficient drawer space, a fridge and a safe. The real downside was the Atrium Balcony. We chose that room because the front rooms looked out over a busy road with only side views of the sea so we thought an Atrium Balcony would be a novel experience. The Balconies were a great idea but don't really work in practise as although the Atrium has a glass ceiling and the top (5th) floor balcony is probably great no light managed to filter down to our first-floor room which was perpetually dark and required us to have the light on all the time regardless of the time of day and weather outside. Also, it was impractical to sit on the balcony as all you could hear was the noise from the Bar & Restaurant directly underneath. So, a great idea which unfortunately doesn't really work as the space used could have been utilised better in making the room bigger. Parking was a nightmare. The website had stated that parking was limited with it being awarded on a first come first served basis, unfortunately this isn't true as they seem to have preferred guests who they reserve parking for. When I arrived, I was allowed into the Car Park so I thought great the request through Booking.com was successful. However, the following day on my return I was informed that the car park was full and when I queried that I had been given a place yesterday I was told that the first come first served is on a daily basis so if you go out in the car it's pot luck whether you get back in and the parking spaces on streets around the hotel are consistently full. Just then someone left so seizing the opportunity I drove into the underground car park, where, surprise surprise I found 5 empty spaces 4 of which had been reserved for "special guests". When I complained I was told by the receptionist that she didn't know they had been reserved, however I must have made an impact as for the rest of my stay I seemed to become one of the "special" people and was allowed into the car park.

Room tip: Atrium Balcony rooms get no natural daylight, except 5th floor, and are very dark.
Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank Stewart100
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

The Mannin is a fabulous,modern hotel. Our room had a balcony over looking the atrium. The food was top notch always freshly cooked with very generous portions. The staff were very friendly and efficient and it’s location is right on the prom.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2021

We came tonight for my engagement celebration meal. My fiancé, my mum, dad and I. Mediterranean vegetable soup was by far the best soup we have ever tasted. The fillet steak you could cut with a fork, it was by far the best steak I have ever had. For dessert we chose the creme brûlée, it was the best dessert we have ever tasted. Absolutely perfect. The staff have been more than attentive and we couldn’t ask for anymore. 10 out of 10 for us, we will most definitely recommend this to anyone, and will most definitely be back. Compliments to the chefs, Juliet and John. Our waiter Shannon was absolutely perfect.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2021

We arrived on the 9th of July at the hotel. Lovely place to stay highly recommend this place. Staff are so friendly and hotel rooms are cleaned to a high standard. The breakfast is great. Location was spot on.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2021

I have enjoyed eating at the Mannin since it opened and I have enjoyed lots of lovely meals. Pre-Covid I had the best meal ever, lobster with all the trimmings and oodles of wne! However, post-Covid standards have really dropped with a lack-luster starter of pork belly followed by a 3 rib rack of lamb with an inedible salty sauce. Dessert, which was supposed to be creme brulee, was a seared custard with a non-descript soggy biscuit and ice-cream. I remembered afterwards that the biscuit was supposed to be ginger! Still undecided on the flavour of the ice cream, although not horrid. The Irish coffees were a complete disaster which I would have been happy to forgive as the waiter was charming if inexperienced, if the rest of the meal hadn't been a disaster too!

Date of stay: May 2021