“Quick Lunch....will be back!”
Review of Primrose Farm

Primrose Farm
Get food delivered
Ranked #2 of 48 Quick Bites in Wigan
Description: At Farmhouse Inns we pride our selves on fantastic Carvery with Homemade Yorkshire Puddings and our Famous Ruffled Roasties! Along side our carvery we serve an extensive menu including starters, main and huge Homemade desserts. And who can forget our amazing Cake! Eat in, take away - the choice is yours!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for lunch after visiting client in Wigan.
Just had time for a quick bite & decided on a Jacket potato with Tuna which was recommend by Julie who was on the tills at the bar.
Enjoyed food, friendly service & will definately come by again when I'm back in this area.

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Primrose Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our pub, have a great day!

Write a reviewReviews (705)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Primrose farm, for dinner ,excellent serves from a lady called Julie ,she was pleasantl and welcoming Thankyou Tracy

Date of visit: August 2021

Thanks so much for you lovely comments. We will be sure to pass them on to Julie for you! We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I work in the food industry so understand the challenges that are faced by staff and businesses at the moment and when I visited your venue today I was really impressed. The pub was clean despite being busy and the staff were really warm and accommodating and The food was delicious and well priced.

I had the Ulitmate carvery and it was one of the best carverys I have had usually the servers are really tight and are not ashamed to give you the butt ends of the meat but Marie was great and even asked if I was happy. Excellent customer service, I complimented her at the time for the skill and level of service she gave me and I hope that she is somehow recognised.

The meat was well cooked and very tender and the roast potatoes fluffy. Would definitely visit again.

Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2021
Greene_K1ng, General Manager at Primrose Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Lovely to read your comments about your experience, I'll make sure to pass them on to the rest of the team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed lovely food today, the staff was efficient and friendly especially Shannon helping us with our takeout cakes and ice cream. The areas were all kept clean and sanitised and felt very safe. Came to visit family not seen for 12mths so it was nice to sit and be able to chat and eat in a nice atmosphere, will definitely visit again when in the area

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve visited a few times over the school holidays, and it’s always been great. However the last 3 or more times we’ve been the service hasn’t been all that great . We use the app as it’s more convenient than going up to the bar (also advertised around the restaurant to use the app) we ordered drinks last time we came on two separate checks took over 20 minutes for the first drink to even arrive but the second drink we ordered came straight away (still hadn’t received the first drink at this point) so we said there was another drink to arrive to the table and the member of staff ( her name was Kelly) turned around and said “ well we are rushed off our feet and we are short staffed so when it’s like this you need to come up to the bar and order and not use the app” bare in mind the restaurant was quiet with hardly anyone in and there wasn’t anyone at the bar. We then visited again today and we went to sit in the adult bit ( we had a 9 year old) and Kelly shouted across the restaurant from behind the bar calling my dad’s name saying we couldn’t sit in there. We understand there is a separate section for kids but all of the tables were dirty with plates stacked up on them so we ended up having to sit at a big table as there was no where else to sit. I also think it’s rude shouting customers by their first names to get their attention. Also to add to that we ordered a kids ice cream scoop and waited over half an hour and had to go to the bar and ask where it was it was the same with the drinks we ended up having to go up to the bar to ask where they were and ended up bringing them back ourselves. I’d understand a bit more if it was really busy but it was quiet.

Date of visit: August 2021

Hi, your feedback is extremely disappointing to read compared to the amazing reviews we have received lately. We have been extremely busy lately and although the pub may look quiet it is a large building and can be extremely busy where it is difficult to see. I am sorry that service wasn’t up to the usual standard when you visited and please rest assured that I will address this with the team. I hope you will visit again soon and see the effort the team are going to to ensure everyone’s visit is as amazing as our other reviews say it is.