Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia
eDreams
FindHotel
1,221 results
All reviews main building four poster sunday lunch fish and chips courtyard room excellent value for money an evening meal night's sleep stayed here for one night member of staff steak following morning full english city centre motel venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2022

My wife and I, along with our dog, stayed for one night en route to Scotland. The check in process was swift and efficient and we were allocated a courtyard dog friendly room. The room was clean and the facilities fine for a one night stay. We ventured in the bar for a drink and were served and told we were welcome to sit anywhere in the bar. We stayed in the bar for an evening meal and the meals were very good with large portions and well cooked. I especially loved the home cooked chips which came with the scampi. Drinks were reasonably priced as was the food. After dinner we sat out in the lovely beer garden with more drinks until the temperature dropped. Breakfast the following morning was excellent, with a continental selection and a huge cooked breakfast, Staff were all very friendly throughout our stay and we felt our dog was welcome. All in all, an excellent first visit and I would not hesitate to return if we travel this way in the future.

1  Thank miketP4200OF
Management response:Responded 4 days ago

Good monring.
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your comments to all the staff.
We hope to see you all again soon.
Kind regards
Assisstant Manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

Me and my wife recently spent the night here, and we weren't too impressed if im being honest. We paid £100 for a room for one night (Friday), and the rooms were as basic, and knocked about as you're going to get. When we walked in the room my wife's first words were "please tell me you didn't pay more than £50 for this room" unfortunately we did, it was double that. The room looked like it hadn't been refurbished in a very long time. The room itself was clean, but that's about the only bit of praise I could give. You could stay at a premier inn for half that price, and the rooms are twice as good. The bar and the restaurant area are nice. The staff are polite and friendly too. The drinks at the bar are city centre prices which I found bizarre, with the hotel itself being a good 10 minute drive to the city centre. I know this, because we took a taxi there and back in the evening. I couldn't comment on the food, as we never ate here. Overall our experience wasn't bad, just not good enough for the money that we paid.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank safctwd

Good Morning.
Thank you for your review.
We are due to under go a massive refurbishment of the hotel in the coming months spread over the next 12- 18 months. This includes the function room, bar, restaurant and all the bedrooms.
I have passed your comments on to our staff.
Please keep watch for updates of our refurbishment on our Facebook page and i hope we can welcome you back to see the new look honest lawyer upon completion.
Regards Jennifer.

Reviewed 4 July 2022

Had lunch here on Sunday, my god, staff... ridiculous, someone needs to teach this staff, manners, how to take orders correctly, you do not ask a customer to pass a plate of food to their wife, so they don't have to walk round a table to serve that customer correctly.
Order a meal & ask for a condiment on ordering, then have to ask another staff member who served the order for it again, for goodness sake, she wrote our order down.
Staff slouching around the bar, blond girl in the attached picture, telling a story & actually making puking noises...while customers were eating, then customers in hearing distance, looking at each other in disgust. She couldn't keep her fingers out of her mouth, so much for hygiene training.
Tried to get attention from them to order pudding, waste of time, managed to wave down a staff member that was passing to process our order.
This is not a truck stop....it's classed as a restaurant.
A member of staff actually yawned in the face of another customer while taking his payment, when he passed my husband & me he just shook his head.
Please, please please....talk to your female staff....ask them NOT, to use their fingers, fingers they are using to serve food, to remove their knickers from up their bums, Wedgies!!! Please. For goodness sake. Isn't worrying about COVID enough, that we have to put up with that.
Won't be back until standards & hygiene, have been improved.
Training, training, training.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie S

Good Morning.
I'm sorry your visit wasn't up to our usual standard. i have passed all of this on to our front of house team.
If you could please contact us at the hotel to discuss the matter further. Email is enquiries@honestlawyerhotel.co.uk
Regards
Reception Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2022

An interesting hotel with a motel vibe, the rooms are clean and functional however the main reason for the 5 stars is the staff. All so very friendly, welcoming and attentive! Breakfast both mornings was tasty and plentiful, fruits, cereals, yogurts not to mention a fab full English!

The staff are a real credit!

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank usernametaken-bugger

Good Morning.
Thank you for you review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed you comments on to our front of house team. We look foward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2022

Have been to the restaurant previously and enjoyed it , However that was before COVID now it’s poor, booked for a Saturday evening to take my dad out for a nice meal not a mundane chain . Checked the website and the menu still looked to have a nice choice so we booked.
We arrived and were promptly shown to our table , then given a photocopied Limited Menu which had little choice and was extremely disappointing. The person serving was quite rude when I asked if the full menu was available. I didn’t want to spoil the meal for our party but I would have happily left.
We ordered with a few clear exceptions e.g no feta ( I’m allergic) and the food arrived with the feta and they couldn’t have cared less . We ordered a bottle of wine , then when we asked for a further bottle was brought a different Pinot Grigio and told its just a different label ! But it was from a different supplier , colour . Arghhh frustration yet again.
The tables were so close that a gentleman from another table came to speak to his friends, and his posterior was in my face ! Insufficient space between tables
I’m really not picky but do expect what I’m paying for ,
A real drop in standards , very disappointing and we won’t be returning. I have emailed them directly as I will give them a chance to respond .

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank vickypooislovely
Management response:Responded 8 July 2022

Good Morning. I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't up to our usual standard. We have got a new menu at the printers, Due back to us anytime now. I have passed you comments on to our front of house staff, We have put in place extra training, I have passed your comments on to our front of house team. If you would like to forward us the email as we don't seem to have received it. Our email is enquiries@honestlawyerhotel.co.uk
Regards Jennifer