“Good food and well priced”
Review of The Poachers

The Poachers
Ranked #57 of 357 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Poachers, Metal Bridge is a very warm, friendly and inviting pub which offers great food as well as great service. We accommodate all needs and are more than happy to help whenever we can. Any special requirements don't hesitate to ask - we will always go the extra mile to please our customers.
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Very helpful staff, food very good value for money. Nice atmosphere. There is a varied menu and a good wine choice. Been a few times and never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Took my partner for a birthday meal on a Monday night to the poachers. I had garlic mushrooms for Starters my partner had tattie skins with garlic and barbecue dips.
She had peppered chicken and I had fillet steak with veg for mains. Both dishes were delicious but it was impossible to eat everything. We were given a large bowl of chips enough for 3 people followed by ànother simalar bowl of chips plus a large bowl of vegetables and another of salad. I already had a large plate of tender steak with large flat field mushrooms and large onion rings. Lovely meal left well fed.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I had the Thai green curry and it was amazing.It came with rice,prawn crackers,vegetables AND chips,absolutely delicious,and the honeycomb cheesecake was to die for (was full for a couple of days after)Staff were friendly and pleasant .

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We go regularly to this restaurant and we have never had a bad or even poor meal. The food is freshly cooked , the chips are to die for , the staff go out of their way to accommodate you .Always pleasant and courteous. Changed their menu slightly and it’s just as good . I would class this restaurant as first class and the staff are first class as well .Highly recommend it . Hope you can get a seat , well worth the wait if you can’t .

1  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 13 June 2018

First time & last time , First off is this pub are restaurant ? . Staff seemed to be less interested in customer service than anything . Dinosaur behind the bar could not even crack smile , As she first point of call to welcome you when getting drink , just grumpy old person . We had to ask for menue but change are mind when we seen food come out , if you like chip this is place for you .Would say this place is on par with cafe nothink more than that . As not much round think they get way with the service they offer but just not the place for me our friend .

3  Thank d1972