Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Hotels.com
US$71
View deal
Agoda.comUS$71
eDreams
Trip.com
4,104 results
All reviews the river car park free drinks city centre standard room lovely hotel good size mini bar sauna and steam room leisure facilities per night building work bars and restaurants reception staff poached eggs buffet style few minutes walk
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2022

Hotel is amazing, avoid during school holidays if wanting to use the spa facilities as parents let their children into areas they’re not allowed even though it’s signposted not to do so. I’ve always loved it here, it’s our go to hotel and always stop here but school holidays I’ll now avoid!

Date of stay: August 2022
Stuart Lloyd, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Dear joannecollinson,
It is wonderful to know that you enjoy your stay with us in the past and recently. Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us.
Not all days are busy within the spa during holiday periods but of course we do welcome increasing numbers of families to Durham during August and I'm sorry this detracted from your enjoyment of the facilities. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Stuart

Reviewed 10 August 2022

We booked an expensive room to stay for our anniversary with a river view. The staff were lovely on reception and we felt very welcome on arrival. Once we got to our room we thought it very over priced on first impressions. I ran the bath and once in I realised the shower gel and shampoo dispensers were empty and with the size of them this meant they hadn't been filled for a long time by cleaning staff. We paid extra for the room which included a bath robe and slippers, there were no robes. After our night out in Durham we went back to the room which don't include mini bars although should have had complimentary water which was missing. My husband had to go and get Ice from the ice dispenser in the middle of the night to drink it once melted. Then the air conditioning wasn't working and was just blowing hot air. On checkout we told the receptionist we were not happy and explained what had happened and her response was " thanks I will let someone know".

Needless to say that we won't be going back. Had we not paid so much money for the room I wouldn't have been as bothered but for the price paid we expected to at least get the basics which I could have got in the travelodge up tge Road for a third of the price.

Date of stay: August 2022
Stuart Lloyd, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Dear dblack371827,
Thank you for your valued feedback. I am sorry for the frustrating shortcomings you encountered and I will follow up with our head housekeeper to ensure that such an oversight with the in room amenities is avoided in future.
Kind Regards,
Stuart

Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Definitely full marks for a wonderful anniversary stay. Kloe on reception is just amazing so smiley and extremely helpful. Chris in the restaurant was amazing as in all the staff going the extra mile.
Spa was really good and lots of loungers.
The service through the hotel was amazing breakfast and dinner is so worth every penny.
Location is perfect so lovely by the river but across the bridge is so much better f a vibrant night life.

Room tip: Amazing hotel and staff a definite must!
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Catherine Draper, Guest Services / Front Office at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2022

Dear elizabethturner1994 for your review. I am so pleased that the hotel and team were able to make your Anniversary stay so memorable and I will make sure that your kind comments are shared with both Kloe and Chris.
We look forward to welcoming you to Durham again soon

Reviewed 7 August 2022

We decided to stay in Durham to meet up with our family who live in the area. Lovely hotel, friendly knowledable staff. Great location and facillities. Cant wait to come back and hopefully we will get chance to use the pool next time.

Date of stay: August 2022

Dear Jongordon1963, thank you for your review. It sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic time in Durham and I am so pleased that we could be your hosts.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Reviewed 7 August 2022

Great location for the city centre, staff are great and breakfast is very good. The hotel in general is starting to look a bit tired and could do with a update. The bathrooms in particular are looking dated.

Date of stay: August 2022

Thank you K3319YWinfo for your review. I am pleased that you found the location and staff great within the hotel, they are certainly an asset to us.
We are hoping in the near future that we can begin a refurbishment program that will help us to lift some of the areas that are looking a little tired and provide a more modern and fresh product to our guests.
I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again.