All reviews stayed here good size plenty of storage space reasonable cost petrol station family funeral a large car park wedding reception town centre fresh fruit evening meal visiting barrow room was spacious biscuits breakfast was excellent tea and coffee comfortable stay
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stayed at the Lisdoonie from August 31st till September 4th, 2017 for a family event.

We found the Lisdoonie through Booking.com and all in all our stay was perfect.

My girlfriend being a vegan was no problem and they actually had a full warm vegan breakfast for her during her stay.

The room (Room no. 10) was on the top floor (accesable through 2 stairs) was spacious but in time could do with a little bit of updating (in a couple of spots the wallpaper was coming loose). The room was nice and clean and so was the bathroom.

The only small "downside" I have found was when I was approaching the Lisdoonie for the first time from the direction of the city centre is that it was unclear that I had to take a turn just before the hotel to get to the car park. A minor thing though and not worth to downgrade the review.

Nice atmosphere, resonable priced, good rooms, good breakfast (and vegan friendly).

Would definately book again and would also recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Vegan friendly, Good sized rooms, comfortable bed, nice location
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my family whilst visiting the the Lake District. Could not fault the hotel as very attentive and especially when my daughter had been unwell they went above and beyond to make sure she was catered for and even went to a local shop to get her Jelly as that's what she wanted.

If I was ever to return to the area this would be the first place I'd look for.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight. Did feel like stepping back in time, but for one night okay. Clean room, bathroom all okay. Slept well. Quiet, even though wedding on. Pleasant receptionist. Breakfast okay, nothing startling but fine for an overnight for us. On bus route so useful too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for them. It's located in a nice, quiet area of town. They helped us out at very short notice. Will definitely be recommending them to friends.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We had originally booked The Abbey House hotel for a conference. Everything was set to go. We had a speaker traveling up from Essex, with others traveling distances to be there. The day before our conference, the Abbey House Hotel cancelled on us with little more than 24 hours notice.

We contacted The Lisdoonie, with little hope that we could find a new venue on a bank holiday weekend on such short notice. Happily, they had a room available. They were absolutely fantastic! There was one lady there manning reception, called Jackie. She was - and I don't say this lightly - a superhero! She had already set up the room for us when we arrived. Even though she had residents to attend, she still managed to man the bar, as well as put out tea and coffee for everyone. Her commitment to us on the day meant so much. We are so grateful to Jackie and The Lisdoonie for allowing our event to continue after we'd been so badly let down by the Abbey House Hotel. You guys literally saved our day. On top of this, Jackie's commitment to making us welcome, and serving us so delightfully is one of the many reasons I am giving The Lisdoonie 5 stars. I would highly recommend this hotel for functions of any kind. I know from personal experience you can feel secure that you won't be let down, and feel confident that your comfort is of paramount importance, even in the case of being given very little notice of your arrival. Thank you so much Jackie and The Lisdoonie!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business