“Amazing food”

West View Restaurant
Price range: US$4 - US$69
Description: West View offers a selection of modernised oriental cuisine – including Chinese, Japanese and Korean, and striving for the highest quality food and service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here 19th August and had a lovely meal. Starters duck spring rolls and tuna sushi. Both of which were very nice. Mains we both had Bibimbap (one chicken, one beef) one of the nicest meals we’ve had in a while. For dessert we had chocolate truffle and finished off with warm sake. Would definitely recommend and wouldn’t hesitate in returning.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After having a table cancelled at a nearby pub due to Covid it looked as if my wife, daughter, 6 year old granddaughter and I were going to go hungry as finding a table in Bowness on Monday evening no easy feat.
Fortunately the very pleasant and friendly staff came to our aid and accommodated us about 30 minutes later. Probably due to having been cancelled and having a sad but cute 6 year old in tow.
To be honest, pan Asian food isn't really my thing, or I thought it wasn't. If West View was local to us I'd be a regular. The food was tasty, varied and basically delicious. In fact it was so good we booked to return the next night too.
Another nice touch was the kitchen was open plan so you could see the chef and his assistants cooking the food, higher skilled they were too.
A special thanks to our waitress, I believe her name was Alina. Thanks for everything, for getting us booked in on the first night and for excellent service on the second night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had read previous reviews and thought it might have been a good place to share a meal for 4 persons. We hadn't booked but we were accommodated downstairs, where there was plenty of tables available.
We ordered drinks, which came promptly, and after a few minutes we ordered a couple of starters to share and 4 main courses with 2 sides from a very pleasant waitress.
The starters were good (tempura veggies and prawns), good crispy batter.
Plates were taken away and after a short wait, 3 mains came but 1 missing main and 2 sides of noodles didn't appear for at least 10 minutes. We were waiting for the rest of the food before eating and, with not 1 member of staff coming downstairs to ask if all was OK, we had to go upstairs and ask where the rest of our food was. My son came back downstairs and said he was told it was coming, with no1 asking if we wanted our food re-heated or, even better, re-made..... So I went upstairs and told them to come and collect our food and to make sure everything was hot and arrived at the same time. Having received no clear explanation of what went on from the staff and basically fobbed off with lame excuses (I just think we were simply forgotten), we received our old food back (freezing cold still) plus, finally, our missing main and 2 sides.
We ate as quickly as we could and left soon after that. We basically had become someone they didn't want to think about. Asked for the bill and, again, no apology apart from a begrudgingly given "sorry" or CLEAR explanation on why it happened; we were offered no discount or encouragement to come back to make it good.
I expect they will try and blame lockdowns (mid August isn't after lockdown, you've had a few weeks to get it right) but, to me, it looked like basic lack of organisation, care, lazyness almost, as you would have expected the waiting staff to come downstairs to check if our food was ok after we were given our main course....
2 star given begrudgingly only because the tempura was good or it would have been 1 star.
For these reasons, I will not set foot in this place ever again.

Date of visit: August 2021
Liuchen G, 其他 at West View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We do apologize for the delaying of service. We never try to blame lockdown etc, so please do not make any assumptions. We are just simply short of staff as all the other businesses in the area. Nobody was or will be forgotten no matter they are sitting downstairs or upstairs, walk-ins or pre-booked. Our staff have been trying to do their best to serve our customers. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience. Hope you have a good holiday.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

We passed this place by chance whilst walking to our accommodation, late Saturday afternoon and asking for a table that night I thought “not a chance”

They had one table left for 8.30pm which we snapped up.
Lovely light airy restaurant which is very modern and spotlessly clean.
Our table was next to the kitchen which I normally shy away from but on this occasion I’d say we had the best table in the house.
The staff are very friendly and helpful with the menu choices. The food and experience was amazing, the restaurant was fully booked but calm, we weren’t rushed like other restaurants we’ve visited and enjoyed the whole experience.
We will definitely return on our next vacation to the lakes.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

Very friendly staff, food was very tasty, Alina was particularly honest and helpful, will definitely be going back again. Keep up the good work