“Wonderful staff and family friendly”
Review of The Black Dog

The Black Dog
Ranked #16 of 57 Quick Bites in Weymouth
Cuisines: Pub
Description: A Traditional family pub in the centre of Weymouth with great food and a selection of Real Ales straight from the Keg. There is live entertainment at the weekends with local singers and bands. The pub has BT Sport, a pool table and dart board plus a great Juke Box. The pub is also Dog friendly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely traditional family friendly pub ran by two wonderful ladies. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff were very helpful. Food was delicious. Covid safe and very clean! Will definitely be back again soon.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had great drinks served my the new staff, we loved it!! So friendly and helpful. The food was first class as was the service. Covid safe and so clean and tidy. Old fashioned pub run by two lovely ladies. Will make this my new local!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this pub on 25th May with my wife and daughter who were wearing masks, I was not as I am exempt, upon entering I was asked to prove my exemption and when I informed the landlady that I did not need to she insisted that I did.. Fact, the police cannot ask for proof so why this landlady feels she is above the law beggers belief.

Very rude and either very badly trained or at best discriminates against people who are exempt. Do not visit this pub go to Hardys
Hophouse instead, they will welcome you.

2  Thank Sightsee777654
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely traditional pub, looks small from outside but really spacious.
We received a lovely warm welcome and all measures in place to make you feel protected during this time.
The men in our party loved the real ales and during our stay for the week it became our regular afternoon pit stop. The team even reserved our table for our last afternoon so that we could get one last bottle in. We didn't eat however the food looked delicious.
Thank you Team Black Dog, from Paul, Paul and the Prosecco Ladies.

Reviewed 22 October 2020

The staff were most helpful in these trying times and everyone was seated at a good distance from each other. The meal could not be faulted, went in for just a drink and came out after a very satisfactory meal.

Date of visit: October 2020