Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$100
View deal
Free cancellation until 14/12/22
eDreams
Vio.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews lovely venue the sticky toffee pudding sunday lunch full english lovely room stayed here for one night checking out city centre comfy bed wedding thierry poplar conservatory newcastle starters angel
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

As stated on their website, the hotel does seem to want to provide comfort and satisfaction - even with the restrictive Covid rules and regulations in place. Staff are attentive and friendly and the food is good. However, the menu is not great with only about 5 choices of starter and main course, although I wonder whether this is due to the recent opening after restrictions have been eased?. I wouldn't describe the property as luxurious but it is well appointed for a Victorian residence. Our room was top of the house (Pine) and it was large with a fantastic 'bathroom'. However, having a loo in an open plan room wasn't to our liking! The large walk-in shower was interesting although it did seem to overflow and send water across the stone floor and the tray was so lethally slippery that we had to suggest having a non-slip mat before we had an accident (problem is that we run a Health & Safety company!). All in all, our four nights here on a mix of business and pleasure was a very nice stay and we would be happy to return.

Date of stay: May 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tony W
Reviewed 21 October 2020

We got married on the 19th, and following our other venue closing until further notice, Eslington Villa stepped up and smashed it out of the park. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff couldn’t do enough for us, the room was set up beautifully and in line with current restrictions. We stayed at the hotel that night, as did my parents, lovely comfy rooms with a lot of space.

Food on the day, and the next morning was absolutely brilliant and all of guests said they were thoroughly impressed. I definitely recommend the eggs benedict! We’re already thinking of when we can visit again. A massive thank you to Tony for being such a lovely and funny host, and for coping with my very enthusiastic group!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2020

We chose this hotel over a previous booking and glad we did. The hotel is situated within some fantastic grounds. Track and trace, and covid compliance we thought had been well implemented and endorsed. The room was clean but the bed a little uncomfortable. The staff were fabulous, very friendly, and very engaging without being over-familiar. The restaurant food was fabulous, an absolute bargain for the quality we received. Breakfast was served and was spectacular. We would recommend and would stay if in the area again.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank ivorb0301
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Had a lovely meal last night and even managed 3 courses which I cannot remember doing in years. My only criticism was the dessert wine which was expensive (£6) for what was,basically, half a glass. But that may be because it was so nice I wanted more!
Service was excellent, not too slow but then not too fast either.
Lived up to expectations.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2019

I organised a 50 year college re-union at Eslington Villa in November 2019. Some of the group had lunched here previously and always found the food and service to be very good. However this was a larger group of people arriving from all over the UK for dinner, bed and breakfast and as the person organising it, one is inevitably a little nervous that everything will go to plan. I should not have had any worries. Everyone present has commented on the amazing traditional house and it's furnishings, the lovely bedrooms and very good food. For me I have to also add that the staff were fantastic in the calm, friendly way they arranged,on our arrival, to get us into our rooms, get drinks round a large table in the lounge and organise some bottles of fizz on ice in the largest of our rooms. The evening meal was also efficiently served (considering they had another party of 50 people to serve in another dining area) and very good. Anyway as you can probably gather we would not hesitate to recommend all aspects of this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2019