1,040 results
All reviews jean eddie dog george lovely dog home from home nothing is too much trouble biscuits easter eggs sea view room was spotless wouldn't stay anywhere else guest house cooked breakfast plenty of free parking a lovely place to stay b and b feel very welcome bed and breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Well having read all the good reviews I thought surely it’s to good to be true, but it was true this bnb is beautiful, excellent location away from all the noise, NOT EVEN A SEAGULL IN THE MORNING, bliss. The room NO 1 we stayed in was very large with a massive bed very clean and lovely sea view. Everything you needed. Plenty of coffee and milk supplied. Diesel the dog makes you smile everytime you enter he’s a beautiful dog and very friendly. Breakfast was plenty of, liked that I could have normal coffee rather than filter. Plenty of breakfast choice. The house itself is beautiful with some very lovely touches. And bright and airey. We will be definitely staying again in Oct we loved it. Jean is fabulous, and a fabulous host. The beach is straight across the road were you can go and experience the seals for free. See you again soon. Anna and Anthony. Xx

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hello Sheffield !!
Thank you so much for letting people know the reviews are all genuine !!! :-) I wish I could say I had a hand in getting rid of the sea gulls but that wouldn't be true!! We just don't seem to get many at this end of the sea front and that is a definite bonus! Good that you saw some seals just across from here. They are lovely to watch.
As you say, we offer plenty of choice for breakfast as well as cafetieres of coffee or just good old instant.
Diesel is such a happy little thing now. He has settled in well with us and loves all the fuss and attention Guests are giving him.
I am already looking forward to seeing you both again in October and might even join you for a quick bike ride down the seafront so Anna and I can practice the non wobbling technique :-)
Thank you again for this fabulous review. I am truly grateful to you and the other 990 people who have taken the time to write reviews on here for us.
See you soon
Take care
Jean x x

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Visited two weeks ago and had a great overnight stay. Jean was very welcoming and a day before our arrival offered us an early check-in option, what was very convenient. On arrival we were given a guided tour of the house and were provided with all necessary information.
Our room was pleasantly decorated and had a comfortable bed. Everything was well presented and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was plentiful, very tasty and served with a smile.
Stress free parking was a bonus.

Jean is a great host and truly enjoys running her Guest House what is reflected in the overall standard.
Diesel - the most adorable dog on the planet is cute addition to The White Lodge.

All in all, we had a very enjoyable mini break and would definitely recommend The White Lodge to anyone who’s looking for a reasonably priced quality accommodation in Great Yarmouth.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank enigma_10
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Hello enigma_10
What a lovely and informative review. Thank you so much. It must have taken quite some time to write such detail and I am very grateful to you.
Yes I do enjoy running The White Lodge as it is a pleasure for me to meet so many really nice people and I don't even have to leave the building as everyone comes to me !!:-)
I am pleased you enjoyed your break and would love to see you again anytime. Thank you very much for recommending us.
I will thank you on behalf of Diesel for mentioning how cute he is :-) and I'm pleased to report at last that the 7 week cone of shame has now gone and he seems much better !!
Thank you again for everything you've said.
Best wishes
Jean and Diesel x

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Well currently staying in this hotel must say it has exceeded my expectations the host Jean is lovely and nothing to much trouble for her it’s really feels like home here the rooms are nice and clean beds are massive good parking outside and short distance to Yarmouth the breakfast is plentiful and good range of choices even for me as vegetarian.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

I am impressed that you wrote this lovely review whilst you were still staying with me!
Maybe the fact that England won their match gave you the "feel good factor" !!!
I have thoroughly enjoyed having you both to stay. You are definitely good fun to have around :-)
Would love to see you both again although I know it's a long journey for you.
I hope Joanne recovers quickly from the sunburn and next time remembers to use sun cream. As you know, I provide factor 50 free for anyone who wants it !!!
Thank you again for the great review and lets hope England win the next match on Sunday !!
Best wishes to you both
Jean x x

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great welcome, nothing too much trouble. Have been a bit reluctant to do B & B, but absolutely would book again here. Fab, very clean room, key to come and go as you please. Comfortable bed, all you need in the room. As for the breakfast, great selection of cereals, juices, Jams, yogurts, teas, coffees and more. Good selection of cooked choices and the cooking of such is really good. Can't wait to visit again. Having stayed in a number of hotels, we feel this the best option without a doubt. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend The White Lodge. As a bonus its opposite the beach.
Chris & Paul

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank paul43edwards
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello Paul and Chris
Thank you very much for writing this lovely review and for doing it so quickly!
I am so pleased your experience in a b and b was a good one and it would be really nice to see you both again any time you like.
Glad my cooking came up to scratch as well although using good quality ingredients does help!
Thank you again for this review and for being the perfect Guests.
Best wishes to you both
Jean :-)

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Second time we have been here had the most relaxing break with jean and eddie and diesel the dog.always makes you feel welcome and the breakfast was as fantastic as ever will definitely come back here again.thanks so much jean take good care lee and Christine x

Room Tip: Book early room 1 has amazing sea view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
georgeGreatYarmouth, Owner at The White Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hello Christine and Lee
It was so nice to see you back here again for a return visit. You've become like good friends and I thoroughly enjoyed your company.
You are both such lovely people and very easy Guests.
A big thank you also for my beautiful ear rings.( I am so spoiled!!) I have kept them in all the time because they are so pretty and sparkly!!
Thank you also for Diesel's toys. He is still playing with the squeaky ball every day despite the squeak being destroyed in the first few minutes (thank goodness!!!)
Hope to see you both again. Keep in touch when you can and thank you very much for writing me this fantastic review.
Take care both of you