All reviews beefeater restaurant town centre car park vue cinema attached beefeater multi storey beefeater next door broad street plaza all you can eat percy shaw pay and display excellent hotel per day good nights sleep family room excellent stay room was spotless
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Halifax to attend a friend’s birthday party and booked for one night at the the hotel with breakfast deal.
The room was very clean and as we expected. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly, so no complaints there.
However, the same cannot be said for the Beefeater experience. We called in for something to eat before attending the party. We firstly ordered a drink from the menu- Bathtub gin with ginger ale and garnished with orange segment- but despite this being on the menu, the waiter informed us that they do not stock ginger ale anymore!! I was offered ginger beer instead. We waited for the drinks and studied the menu and the waiter returned, not with the drinks, but to take the order, so we asked what had happened to the drinks only to be told, oh, they’d should have been delivered by now. He took the order, one of which was ham, egg and fries. After a further wait, the drinks arrived. When the food was delivered, the fries turned into chips. When we had eaten what we wanted from the plates, the waiter returned to ask what was wrong as we had left food. We explained that my husband didn’t like garden peas or pineapple, which were included with the ham, egg and chips and as there were chips left, he asked why he hadn’t finished them. We informed him that we had ordered fries, which he agreed with. I had ordered a chicken burger and sweet potato fries and also had an inquest as to why I had not eaten it all. I had to explain that there was too much bread and chips for me and I didn’t like onion rings which were on top of the burger. All in all, a bit of a shambles. We were given a £3 discount from the bill but that would not entice us back. The breakfast the following morning was very mediocre and not very warm.
To cut a long story short, I would stay at the Premier Inn again, but would not have their meal deal. I would go to Witherspoon’s for breakfast, which is just nearby.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Hotel situated in good location in Halifax. Close to Bus Station and walking distance to Train Station. Shopping Centre very close too. All parts of hotel very clean and bedrooms comfortable. Bathroom spotless. Good breakfast with plenty of choices. Cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, breads, muffins etc. and good choice of cooked items too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The hotel was handily placed about 5 mins walk from the town centre though there were restaurants in the same plaza. Parking was adjacent and though chargeable the receptionist from premier Inn called me the day before and gave me a code to book in advance for £3 a day , you must book each day separately to obtain the discount. Room was spotless ,quiet and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and contributed to a most enjoyable stay. The breakfast in the attached beefeater was really nice and the service very good .

Reviewed 4 April 2018