“Orkney explorer”
Review of Orkney Uncovered

More attraction details
Owner description: Orkney Uncovered Private Tours, provides private guided tours of the Orkney Islands. We cover all of Orkney’s history, culture, economy, food and drink. We specialise in Military history and Scapa Flow. We provide bespoke Ancient Orkney private tours with a focus on Neolithic Orkney, the Iron Age and the Viking Ages. All our tours are tailored to meet our clients requirements. Orkney Uncovered Private Tours are open 365 day a year and offer professional,fun and informative private touring experience.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing day out visiting various archeological sites and wartime sites with Kinlay, our guide!! Kinlay was very informative and forthcoming with history, facts and dates without reference to notes!! We can recommend choosing Kinlay’s Orkney Uncovered company. Why? Because Kinlay has a passion about Orkney and that shows through when you tour with him!! one important note is not to forget wonderful Kirsty who puts together the tour to meet your needs!! Kirsty and Kinlay ARE Orkney Uncovered and they truly know the island inside out. Service was the best and value for money excellent. Crawford and I wish them well for the future if their business. Pauline Conway

Ruggedadventurer, Owner at Orkney Uncovered, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pauline and Crawford,

Thank you so much for the amazingly big review, it was a pleasure to take you both on your Orkney adventure.

I appreciate your kind words about Kirsty, she really is the backbone to Orkney Uncovered.

We really look forward to welcoming you back to Orkney in the future.

Kind regards,

in 9 reviews
"key sites"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

As an ancient history fan, Orkney and its ancient treasures has been on my bucket list for many years. Kirsty was a great help in putting together a plan that met my interests and fit within my visit from Australia. Kinlay was a fantastic guide. His knowledge of the islands and the history was amazing. We saw all the places I wanted to see, and more, and I left with a greater love for the area than before I arrived. And he is a great guy to top it off! Anyone wanting a great tour of the Orkney's should put Kinlay and Kirsty at the top of their list.

Hi Dean,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. Glad you both had a wonderful time visiting rugged Orkney.

We appreciate you coming all the way from Australia and do hope to welcome you back to Orkney in the future.

Thanks for booking with Orkney Uncovered.

Kind regards,

Kinlay and Kirsty

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We spent 4 days with Orkney Uncovered mainly touring archaeology sites and also wartime locations. We were always provided with authoritative information in a friendly and interesting manner. We were well looked after by our guide.

Ruggedadventurer, Owner at Orkney Uncovered, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for the excellent review, it was my pleasure to guide you, Yen and Lan around the Orkney Islands.

Thank you for all the information on things to do in Vietnam and for your wine region map. This will be useful when we head to France.

We do hope to welcome you all back to Orkney in the future and thanks for booking with Orkney Uncovered

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Kinlay is a superb guide offering a one on one professional service.

We visited amazing sites from ancient past to present day including Skara Brae, the Italian Chapel, Ring of Brodgar and Birsay cliffs.

Kinlay even managed to arrange a private tasting for us at Highland Park Distillery.

We really enjoyed our time in Orkney.

We would highly recommend Orkney Uncovered for an exceptional tailored guiding experience on the Orkney Islands.

Ruggedadventurer, Owner at Orkney Uncovered, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Maria,

Many thanks for your superb review, I am delighted you had a great time with Orkney Uncovered and loved your visits to our ancient sites and the Highland Park distillery.

Thank you for sharing pics of our amazing Second World War Italian Chapel.

I do hope to welcome you back to Orkney in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Having had the pleasure of a private tour a few years I decided to enjoy another get away to the amazing orkneys.
Kinlay is super knowledgeable and friendly and will not only explain , in detail , everything you stumble across, but will make you feel like a distant cousin visiting from afar.

The distillery , standing stones, various broughs, local pubs, hidden ancient villages and more will enliven your imagination.

A great tour company , a great guide and a personality I hope to see again soon.

Hi Jo,

Many thanks for another awesome review, we really appreciate you sharing your experience with Orkney Uncovered.

Thank you for your feedback on my knowledge I do try my best at making your experience personable and with the right balance of history.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Orkney Islands in the future.