Thistle Express Luton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewshot drinksfree tea and coffeesingle roomironing equipmentcooked english breakfastbreakfast includedstayed herebudget hotellobby areabargain pricecentral locationan overnight staywifi is freecomfortable bedlimited parkingyogurtnice room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In the centre of Luton with adjacent car park
Exactly what it says on the tin
Modern, clean and much cosier than other budget chains
Nice touch having complimentary coffee and tea
Breakfast was great with hot and cold selection regularly topped up
Staff very nice and efficient

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Thistleexpress, General Manager at Thistle Express Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Angie,

Thank you for such candid and positive feedback.
Me & my team is absolutely delighted to read the feedback.
Comments as your is the testimony of hard work my team put in to ensure our guest have comfortable stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here the night prior to a early morning flight. The hotel is in a great location for the town centre and train station but was a little bit difficult to find if your driving. Could not fault the hotel but will admit it did not look the best from outside but as they say you should not judge a book by its cover and that is certainly the case here. Inside was modem and room was large and had everything I needed. Would recommend the hotel if you want a central location in Luton with good transport links.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellerJ2024
Thistleexpress, General Manager at Thistle Express Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for the feedback.

I am working with council to arrange more signage, hope that will be approve soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for one night with work.

The hotel is close to Luton's main station and adjacent to The Mall shopping centre. Access on foot from the station is through some quite dreary streets and up the ramp of the hotel car park which I would imagine might feel quite threatening on darker nights.

The hotel itself is a brutal 1960s concrete high rise block that looks very tired on the outside. Inside, however, the lobby area looks fresh and welcoming and the check-in process was fine. The lifts showed their age thought and failed on at least two occasions during my stay.

To keep costs down, I chose a single room but asked for one of the larger singles I had seen images of online, which actually had a three-quarter size bed / small double rather than a conventional 3 foot single. The room was spacious enough for one and was reasonably well appointed with a large SMART TV, a desk area, safe, iron / ironing board and lots of power points, some of which had USB charging. There was an air vent blowing cool air into the room but no air-conditioning controls as such that I could see. In such an old building, the windows can be opened albeit they were quite stiff. Whilst the trendy grey / green colour scheme was fine, the standard of decor was very poor however, with roughly plastered / blistered walls and some evidence that they had missed bits (like behind / below the radiator). I'm no decorator but I could have done a better job myself! The bathroom makeover was even less impressive. Apart from a new illuminated mirror and a grey tile trim, everything else was very basic with poor hot water pressure, calcium encrusted taps, slightly dingy grouting and a hopeless shower head. Overall, housekeeping standards in the room were dubious at best - there was a bulb out in of the wall lights and I found sticky glass ring marks and crumbs on my bedside table. I felt compelled to use an antibacterial wipe on the smeary switches and handles in the room. Despite this, the room was quiet and I slept reasonably well on the comfortable bed.

Breakfast is inclusive and served in the lobby area. It looked very similar in style / choice to a new-style HI Express breakfast buffet with a focus on hot items and a small choice of cereals / bakery items etc. I chose not to breakfast there however as the cutlery and crockery all felt a bit sticky / in need of a thorough wash.

Compared with other hotels locally, it was competitively priced albeit the old adage rings true here - you only get what you pay for. Overall I'd probably only choose to stay at this place again were there no other value-for-money options available. For me it fell quite a way short of the mark of other budget brands.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hi John,

Thank you for providing us with feedback.

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have faced. I want to assure you that the observation you have provided will be discussed with Head of the departments and immediate action will be in place to improve the areas.

I am glad you find us value for money and would suggest to look at the mates rates on our website , which will be of great interest to you.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Decent rooms, and worth the rate which comes with free WiFi and a decent breakfast. The staff didn't seem too interested in us as clients and they played very loud music during breakfast. I would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Thistleexpress, General Manager at Thistle Express Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for the feedback, Apologies that you felt team was not interested. We take great pride in our service, hence please be assured that corrective action and training will be in place to ensure we as a team do not give the feeling to our clients that we are not interested in our them.
We looking at the music volume and will correct it.

Kind Regards,
Sudeep Majumdar

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Just at the side there is a shopping centre for everything you need also just down the steps at the rear is a new wetherspoons which is handy.The breakfast had everything you could possibly want and the room was lovely.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thistleexpress, General Manager at Thistle Express Luton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Hi,

Thank you for providing with such positive and inspiring feedback. Hope to see you soon.