1,766 results
All reviews overlooking the lake leisure facilities afternoon tea groupon deal sauna and steam room health club buffet style drayton manor birmingham event venue
Reviewed 26 April 2018

This hotel has greatly declined since my last stay in 2016. Standards seem very low, staff seemed unprepared for the 300 guests even though it was booked up months ago. Staff inexperienced & rude. Rooms tired, dirty & poorly maintained.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ramadasutton, Guest Relations at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you feel that way about your stay in our hotel. We are constantly going under renovation and if you visit us again I am sure that we will show you the changes that we are making in our service.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

The most horrendous stay I've ever had in a hotel! The hotel is very hard to navigate and keycards constantly need resetting, mine alone has needed reprogramming 10 times over two days and as my room is a long way away from reception it's hardly convenient to keep going back. I'm here as part of a music convention, other members of which are having the same problems.

Wi-Fi access is NOT accessible. My food order was left on the bar until I got up to retrieve it myself.

Rude, badly trained staff that don't care about the problems, dirty glasses not cleared from my room and a dirty replacement toilet roll left in the bathroom cap off an appalling stay. I dread to think what will happen before I check out tomorrow!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank KRogerson58
Ramadasutton, Guest Relations at Ramada Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

I can only apologise on behalf of the hotel for your negative stay, if the key cards are interfered with by different signals then they will need to be reset and unfortunately this was the case for you this weekend. When the hotel is as busy as it was this weekend it will be slower as there is so many people trying to access the same Wi-Fi. I will pass on your feedback to the bar manager to make sure that all guests are welcomed properly and that they get the excellent service that we expect from our staff.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel the rooms are nice well maintained and a decent size, I look forward to a return visit soon, the staff were very helpful, I would recommend a walk around the grounds really very pleasant.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

On behalf of the Ramada Sutton Coldfield we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we welcome you to visit our hotel again.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Good value hotel for a trip to Drayton Manor.

Stayed with my family (wife and two boys (5 & 3)). Unfortunately had some trouble checking in as was not given the family room (twice) we booked but was solved and the room had enough space for the 4 of us.

The real selling point was the swimming pool which was great. The food in the bar area and breakfast was also good.

There was a wedding on but no noise or disturbance to speak of.

If there was a good rating would rank that, but don't think it quite gets to Very Good.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

We are pleased that once the trouble of checking in was over you enjoyed your time here at our hotel. I will speak to the front of house team to make sure when checking people in they make sure that the guests are given the correct rooms for their requirements. I will speak to the kitchen team with your compliments for the food and we hope you choose us again.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is fairly convenient to get to, and the entrance is lovely. You drive down a winding road and upon arrival it looks beautiful. It certainly fooled me.
Once you get into the hotel you can tell it’s very dated. Check in was easy enough and you can’t really fault the staff. However, to get to our room was such a mission we were given directions and things to look out for. Up in the escalator to the left (different ones to different places) then turn this way, then look for the blue wall and turn left and up these stairs etc etc etc.
So when we eventually reached our room I initially thought well this isn’t too bad, and for the most part other than looking old it isn’t. Except the first thing we’re greeted with after our drive down from Leeds, desperately needing to use the toilet, was a toilet full of someone else’s faeces. Sure, we can look past that except it left me wondering had the room actually been cleaned? The tiles on the bathroom floor had at some point broken too so instead of replacing or fixing them they had been taped to the floor with black duct tape. And just to top it off the room at some point had had a shower door - now there was just a shower curtain attached to the rail with cable ties. We had a freebie thrown in too - somebodies half used bottle of Lynx shower gel. Oh, we were also given one towel for two of us and couldn’t get through to reception to get another (despite calling from the room phone and using my partners phone to call the hotel itself!) so had to make the three hour walk back down to request another towel.
The bed was comfortable and I have no complaints about that, and the view over the lake was lovely. As long as you ignore the blaring music that goes on until late.
The hotel need to seriously upgrade the kettles in the room, it was a travel kettle which took about 10 minutes to even begin heating up and had a few exposed wires!
Breakfast was hugely disappointing, the ‘hot’ part of the breakfast not much more than luke warm, the toast took a long time to toast and came out at nothing more than warm bread and while there was cereal and other things provided for guests there wasn’t even so much as a thought for those of us with dairy allergies - it wouldn’t hurt to have soy or almond milk out instead of two types of regular milk. The bar also seemed overly expensive, 1 bag of crisps, 1 bag of nuts, a cider and a coke was over £10 - we may as well have gone for a drink in London for those prices.

All in all, would I stay in this hotel or one under the same name again? Not. A. Chance.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

I am very sorry that you experienced such a negative stay while at our hotel, I will speak to the housekeeping team to make sure that all our rooms are thoroughly cleaned as they should be. When the reception is busy our reception staff can't always answer the phone if they are dealing with customers on the front desk. We do cater for all allergies however you are required to ask the staff for other options as they are more than happy to tend to all guest's needs.