Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$72
eDreams
Trip.com
1,432 results
All reviews north wing leisure facilities afternoon tea night break pool and jacuzzi evening meal bed and breakfast lovely hotel changing rooms main building standard room buffet style bridal suite reception staff relaxing break darlington town centre a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2022 via mobile

Great looking hotel. Room gorgeous and lovely toiletries. Inside decor amazing. Small but perfectly formed pool and jacuzzi area. Kids in jacuzzi (although signs state no kids allowed) but quieter after 4pm. Changing room needs a bit of maintenance as the hand wash box fell off the wall when went to use at sink. Would have been nice to be able to walk from lounger outside to the pool without traipsing past the reception area and down a corridor whilst on swimming costume. There is a patio door from jacuzzi to the loungers but states not to open?!? Restaurant is nicely decorated. Morning breakfast checking in lady gives a bit of a moody vibe. When cleaning tables one male member of young staff wiped the spilt beans off a table onto the carpet and left them for guests and colleagues to walk into the carpet?!? A bit more training to be undertaken maybe. Coffee machine was empty but after telling staff she ensured it was refilled. Fruit was fresh and lovely. Hot food was available if a little bland. Had to pay more for pancakes. Only pastries were sad looking croissants in individual wrappers and no pain au chocolate as menu stated. Evening meals were fabulous. Needs more attention to cleaning after events outside, as in the morning we went to sit outside with our breakfast coffee and every single table front and back had cigarette butts overflowing in ashtrays and glasses still on tables from the wedding the night before. Also all the seats were wet as rained the night before and no cloths to wipe dry. There is a missing window in one of the accommodation blocks which is visible from the outside lounger area. Think it is in need of a bit of refurbishment. If your room looks into the bins/laundry area I would suggest you rise early or enjoy the sounds of the bins being emptied at an ungodly hour and service vehicles coming and going. We made a mistake by having our window open for fresh air. It does have a basic gym area which seems to be used by locals and seems adequate for your needs.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2022

We only stayed there for one evening, it was a Saturday and a Wedding Event was taking place. Receptionist was very efficient in her job and her description of the route through the labyrinth of corridors to our room was spot on.
We had a lovely evening meal, however I feel that the Waiting Staff are in need of some upskilling on public relations, If you work in hospitality you have to be hospitable, they were pleasant enough just needed a little bit of oomph and a smile now and again. Even to be asked if the meal was OK would have been something, so I may have been able to compliment the chef as we thoroughly enjoyed our meals.
The only downside to the Hotel room was the broken table lamp which was a health and safety hazard, that and the towel rail in the bathroom didnt work, or it was switched off as it was the summer.
Also on a positive note, the Wedding guests were very quiet as we didn't hear anything from them

Room tip: Not Room 315 unless they fix the lamp
Reviewed 15 August 2022

Arrived early 13th August 2022. Booking in was 3pm but the lovely lady on reception allowed myself and my partner to book in early which was very good of her. It was very busy and she was still very cheerful, helpful and professional.
We stayed in the Carriage House which was stunning! Views, hotel, rooms, all stunning.
All staff were very helpful and attentive which made our experience so much nicer.
We had a lovely stay, thank you so much.

Room tip: Carriage House is separate from the hotel, quiet and lovely.
Reviewed 15 August 2022 via mobile

More like crapwell grange, the grounds and place itself are lovely just need someone in who can run a hotel, the reception staff are the most useless unhelpful staff I have come across , it states in the room anything you need just ask reception until you actually ask absolute waste of time and I would like to have some money back as we couldn’t even get in for breakfast on Sunday the queue was backed up like a joke we had to eat out will not stay again or recommend banantynes down the road is much more professional

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2022

My partner and I had a very comfortable overnight stay, our bedroom was quiet, even tho there was a wedding happening; good beds and nice bed linen and towels. We enjoyed dinner in the restaurant and a stroll in the lovely surrounding parkland.

When we got home I discovered that I'd left two chargers in our room; I emailed thinking they'd probably have been binned - no, they had them and would post them. Received two days later (of course I paid postage). I'm really impressed.