“Fabulous Family Beer Garden”

The Crown Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #30 of 181 Restaurants in Stevenage
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

6 of us had lunch today in the fantastic beer garden, huge effective parasols for those who prefer shade, a great family pub atmosphere with friendly hard working staff, Three of us had the vegetarian roast which was delicious, the others had meat/fish and equally enjoyed their meal, despite being extremely busy we did not wait long for the food to arrive. Will most definitely eat here again soon and will recommend to friends. Keep the good work up and you'll remain as busy as you were today.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I haven’t eaten here for some time. It was a lovely sunny day and we went for lunch. Nice and clean. My only complaint is that I saw butternut squash being cooked on the same grill as the meat. As a vegetarian this was concerning. The food was good. My friend had a roast beef sandwich. Service was slow and no one explained the process for example you needed to collect your own cutlery. I would eat there again but would need to see how the vegetarian food is prepared

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Delivered some empty! Barrels back and enjoyed a different menu for lunch, plenty of choice and very goog, the wine choice was excellent and lots by the glass, unusual in many places which prefer to sell bottles. Toilets clean as well.

1  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my friend enjoyed coming here to relax in the beautiful beer garden on Thursday late afternoon. The place was packed as it was a beautiful, hot day and every one was sat outside. We ordered our food off the bbq menu which was being cooked outside in the beer garden and it was absolutely delicious. Great food and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Last night we celebrated our sons 18th birthday at The Crown.

A few weeks ago We enquired about holding a small family celebration ( approx 30 people) for my sons 18th birthday. Speaking to Jemma made it very easy to arrange and nothing was to much trouble. During the day yesterday we took balloons, banners and a cake there ready for the evening. Once again Jenna was on hand to help. She told us she would not be there in the evening but gave us names of people who would - I made a joke I wished she would be there - during the evening she arrived (on her night off) to check everything was ok and we was happy with everything . ALL the staff last night were helpful and friendly.

A little extra bonus was a live music act playing there too

Well done! Great service! Great staff! Great setting!

We will definitely return.