1,918 results
All reviews city box vending machine no frills train station self service checkin and checkout automatic check budget hotel the ground floor luggage storage common areas opera house extra towels rooms are basic family room checking in free wifi
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I just don’t like this type of hotel - everything is automatic - and the service is very low. First I had problems checking in - and later on my colleagues had similar problems. I really prefer a person to speak to in stead of a machine. Second I realized that breakfast was not included - and the things you could choose for breakfast at the restaurant/cafe connected to the hotel was very limited. Only bread! The room it selv was nice, however, clean and comfortable. Only the room was just at a road with trams that were a bit noisy in the morning. I will only recommend this place for students - not for people on a business trip.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Anne R
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hi Anne R!

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel!

We're really sad to hear that you did not like our hotel. We can understand that our concept is not for everyone, but most of our guests like our hotel and feel we offer good value for money.

Regarding the check in, I am sorry to hear you experienced issues checking in on the machines. We don't have an open reception, but we are here 24/7 available to help with anything you would need upon arrival or under your stay.

Anyway, we hope that you at least enjoyed your visit to our lovely city!

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I checked out CityBox Oslo on TA since it is only 10 min walk from Oslo Central Station. At first we were disoriented but with help from locals we found it right off Karl Johans Gate. Rooms were pre-paid which was their policy. Jay, the manager, was very helpful and gave us our keys and luggage which was stored after being portered from our Bergen hotel. Later, I gave him my almost new hiking boots which I had no further use after Iceland and Tromso.
Room 633 is utilitarian with no TV or telephone. There are two computers downstairs in the lobby. The shower has two movable walls which minimizes flooding. There is no bath mat provided. The large windows have blackout curtains. Breakfast is available next door at a 10% discount.
My dinner that night was more expensive than the daily room rate of 915 ROK.
There is value here as well as location, but at a sacrifice of amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank alohatripper

Hi alohatripper!

Thanks for your review of our hotel!

Glad to hear you liked our location, and found us to offer value for money!
I am sure Jay is very happy about the boots :)

Thanks again for your feedback, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

For the budget travel CityBox is an amazing hotel, which is good located , comfortable and clean. First time check in without receptionist room is enough big for 2 person , bed is comfortable, shower is clean, but just with 2 towels for 2 person!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Hi Anton S!

Wow! Thanks for an amazing review of our hotel!

We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be fair rate, so nothing pleases us more than when our guests echo our mantra of "value for money"!

And congratulations for your first check in without a receptionist :)

Thanks again for your fantastic recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

This unique approach- check in via credit card without a central desk clerk- then operate everything including elevator and lights w/ your key card. Super clean and spacious enough for very reasonable rates. The online "conceirge" even suggested what turned out to be the best dining experience of our trip.

Room tip: The hotel borders busy streets with early morning traffic so book a higher floor to get off the street.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael L
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hi Michael L!

Thanks for your kind review of our hotel!

We love reading feedback from guests that seems to understand and appreciate our concept!
And how cool to read that our online concierge could help you to find a great dining place :)

Thanks again for your recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

I absolutely loved this place! It was the perfect location (right next to the train station), had a perfect sized room for a solo traveler (it was cozy, had everything you needed, and even more - i.e. a heated floor in the bathroom, so comfortable!), the WiFi was stable, and it was what I jokingly call an "introvert's dream" (I am an introvert myself) - check in and check out were entirely electronic, it was very easy and clear! I had an excellent stay at Citybox Oslo and will definitely stay there again if I am ever back in Oslo!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TheOatmealGirl
TinaChristelS, Manager at Citybox Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hi TheOatmealGirl!

Wow! Thanks for an amazing review of our hotel!

Flattered to read your kind words. Always fun to receive feedback from guests that seems to understand our concept. We do our best to offer a simple and modern solution at what we consider to be a fair rate, and we are glad to see that you felt we offered just that! :)

Thanks again for a fantastic recommendation, and we do hope to see you again!