All reviews royal palace a quiet residential area boutique hotel lovely boutique frogner park nice hotel great breakfast tram stop short walk shopping street breakfast room is city centre within walking distance two blocks breakfast selection junior suite coffee machine
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Spent two nights in the Saga Hotel last month and would highly recommend for a city break stopover. Lovely rooms, very comfortable (needed as it was - 20 degrees when I visited) and a great breakfast in the morning. Close to all attractions, parks and transport - set in a quiet part of town but only 15 minutes walks to Carl Johan's Gate.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 9 February 2016

A very cozy hotel. A bit small room, but clean and a very comfortable bed. Did not eat at the hotel but heard the breakfast is great. Parking is not very good and bad to look for a space along the streets.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Big was our surprice when we had to leave our apartment for a week in Oslo because og housebugs. We had to find a decent place for the two of us. I have stayed at Saga Hotel before so it was natural for me to go there again. To my surprice I found that they also had apartments. 30 sq m with a kitchen and all. Ideal for the two of us. The standard is good (50" tv), It´s clean and the service of exellence. We highly reccomend Saga to anyone!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Everything you expect is there. It is clean, well kept, modern and with friendly staff.
It feels a bit cold and somehow something is missing in order to be perfect. Maybe character or something along that line.

Gym is not on site, a small walk away but this means that in the winter you need to bring a change of cloth and a bag. Nothing major but not convenient.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
SagaHotelOslo, Hotel Manager at Saga Hotel Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear Stefano Nardo
Thank you for taking your time to evaluate our performance during your visit at our Saga Hotel Oslo. I am glad to see that you appreciated our hotel, thank you for your warm and generous words.
I am sorry to see that you experienced us not so charming as we always strive to be seen and experienced by our guests. We have a high and constant focus on always providing our clients with the highest possible level of personal and unique service. I will use your review to go through our routines, and I will do my best to improve our level of service further.

Thank you again for choosing us, I hope to see you back here in the future.

Regards,
Ronny Wilhelm

Reviewed 1 February 2016

The Saga Hotel is fairly centrally located in Oslo, we only stayed one night, however our first impression was that the rooms are a good size, we had a suite, though it felt very warm and it seemed the thermostat only made it warmer, not cooler so we switched it off and had to sleep with the windows open (yes in January - it was that hot in the hotel!). It wasn't something I mentioned to staff though (as we were out all day) so perhaps there was a simpler way to cool it down.

Aside from that, the beds are very comfortable with great duvets and pillows, the nespresso machine is a nice touch though perhaps two of each pod would be more suitable as if both of you drink coffee, one has to have a stronger one or decaffeinated. Shower had plenty of hot water and lots of space in the bathroom too.

Breakfast was good though no a la carte ordering is possible, they had a good selection of hot and cold choices and what I ate tasted very nice. They don't lay the tables which lets them down a bit as it feels a bit more like a canteen where you get your own cutlery, mugs and glasses etc

Staff we encountered were friendly and informative, I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room tip: Junior suites were spacious - ask for higher up.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends