Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
FindHotel
ExpediaUS$92
Agoda.comUS$91
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

I stayed in the standard double room for 4 nights during Christmas holidays, quite pleased in general.

The location and transportation are excellent. There are 2 supermarkets and plenty of bus, tram and train stations nearby. It only takes around 20 mins to the airport (OBB S7) and major attractions. The tram came so frequently that basically we didn't have to wait.

The room was very clean, fresh towels every day. Very satisfied with the shower, steady water pressure and temperature.

Staff was polite and efficient. I sent an email to ask for booking confirmation before departure, they responded in 2 hours.

However, you might not like their bed if you prefer it very soft. And the pillow is very low and flat, although I suppose you can ask for extra pillows but I didn't.

The breakfast is quite basic, not a loss to skip it.

What I dislike is there's no kettle in the room. 2 buildings share 1 kettle at the lobby, which means that if you want to make tea or any hot drink (it's very cold in Vienna so you definitely will), you gotta go all the way down and take your glass of hot water to your room.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank smsuen
Reviewed 17 October 2019 via mobile

It is not so central
It isn't so comfortable as it appears in photos. The rooms very little,old furniture,uncomfortable bathdroom,too little and cold

It does not have a restaurant
The receptionist are friendly

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 73marylum
Reviewed 4 September 2019

Loud noise from renovation and catering staff, and staff that does not care about rest of their guest. It seemed they make noise on purpose early so everyone check out early so they can clean the rooms and resell them as soon as possible. They care only about profit, not about service. The manager/owner did not care about my complain, did not even apologize that I could not sleep from the noise. When asked to be transferred to the room on the other side the day befoy, I was assured that it wont happen again tomorrow, of course it did. Like you see in the photo I attached, I am not the only one who complained, other guests were complaining as well as, the person in charge of the hotel older gentleman on the photo was rude and just not caring, It is dishonest not to disclose renovation at the hotel at the time of booking or at least at the check in and letting know the guest in advance that there is renovation going on, offer a room away from noise and showing that you care that people who are paying to stay at your hotel are there to rest, not to listen to buzz saw cutting ceramic tiles early in the morning. I never write reviews, I am not person who complains, but I never stayed at the hotel, and met less carrng management. I would rather even sleep under the bridge than staying at this hotel again! Horrible experience and I could not continue my trip to Eastern Europe cause I didn't get enough rest to drive and had to stay one night longer at another hotel so I could get some sleepn in peace. Last but not least this place doesn't have queen or king beds, it's only two single beds next to each other with wood frame in the middle that every time you turn in the bed you hurt your knee on the food frame in the middle of the bed (photo attached). Horrible experience! Beware!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Boban F
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

I'll start with the secretary who was very mean and lack of respect for the clients. We booked a 3 beds room and received a room with 1 and 1\2 beds. The little bed was actually a plain wood with sheets on it. The most horrible experience of my entire life. I highly recommend you to run from hotel gabriel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FilleParisienne
Reviewed 28 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was very nice, but there is no air-conditioning - only a fan. During my visit tempature in Vienna was extremely hot. Reception was very friendly. The breakfast has all you need - bread, coffee, cheese and ham.

Date of stay: June 2019