Free cancellation until 02/08
  • Restaurant
The Harmonie Vienna(Vienna)
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Hotel Spiess & Spiess(Vienna)
Hotels.com
1,486 results
All reviewsoldest hotelchurch bellsdanube canalold world charmshort walkcharming hotelsingle roomtraditional hotelcity centrebreakfast was amazingairport buswould definitely stay here againfour nightsbreakfast buffetsuperior roomreception staffroom was large
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I live in Budapest and normally prefer to stay near St. Stephens at the center of Vienna on my yearly trip . My wife and I love to go sample the restaurants and museums and its only a 2 1/2 hour trip on the train. This time the hotel was full so we decided to stay at Hotel Stefanie about a ten minute walk away from the center or one subway stop. We had read the reviews of the hotel and it seemed quite a nice place to stay. Well the reviews were right and it was a delightful hotel in which to spend our three nights. The room was very nice in the old world style, the bathroom had a very spacious shower and had recently been refurbished. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet , which was included in the room rate, was to die for. Eggs, bacon, sausages, meats, cheeses, yogurts etc. You name it, they had it. The restaurant where the breakfast was served was beautiful old world and the tables were spacious as were the seats comfortable. The staff at the front desk, in the restaurant and cleaning the rooms were all professional and quite friendly. Everyone made us feel welcome. I'm glad the other hotel was full as we will now be staying at the Hotel Stefanie when coming to Vienna.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Stefanie, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear PeacekeeperMB,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and your nice compliments. We are glad that you felt completely at your ease and that the special ambience of our Hotel Stefanie fully convinced you.

We will be happy to welcome you back with us soon and wish you and your wife a beautiful summer.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Stefanie has been a mixed experience. On arrival, late at night, I asked for a room at a higher floor, and was told by a receptionist that none were available, and handed me a key to a room on the 1st floor. The room was facing the hotel parking lot, where very early in the morning some plumbers arrived, started smoking and chatting loudly - needless to say that being woken up by cigarette smoke before 7 (before 6 UK time) was not particularly pleasant. The next morning when I came to the reception and complained, it turned out that other better rooms were indeed available, and the receptionist plainly was not telling the truth. The new room was fine, on the 3rd floor, facing the courtyard, and it was mostly fine - apart from one occasion where in the middle of the night, around 2.30am, a group of males came out into the courtyard to smoke. The were chatting loudly and woke me up. COULD THE HOTEL ENFORCE THE NO SMOKING POLICY PLEASE? Legally, smoking should not be allowed in AND NEAR the buildings, on these two occasions employees or guests were smoking inside the hotel premises, and oddly this was considered normal. On the positive side, the breakfast was superb and most enjoyable, the quality of room service excellent, and a nice touch was a packed breakfast on departure (I had to leave before 6am).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear guest,

thank you for your important feedback. We are very sorry that you have been disturbed in the early morning hours and kindly ask you to accept our excuses. We already reacted in order to sensitize employees again and to better control external companies. Thank you for
steering our attention to this matter.

We are glad that you enjoyed the assigned room on the 3rd floor and that our breakfast buffet and service could fully convince you.

Hoping to welcome you back again soon, we remain,
with best regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hi there, I was quite disappointed as, from what I had read on tripadvisor, and my extensive experience of 4 star hotels, I was expecting a lot more. On the positive front, the breakfast was nice and the staff were very nice and responsive, although one did forget to follow up on my request for a kettle but that was quickly remedied when I reminded them. But I actually expect better facilities from a 4 star hotel all round. Certainly, tea and coffee facilities and toiletries. There was one soap dispenser for all your needs - shampoo, gel, conditioner and so on. The towels were threadbare and there were no extras in the room. I travel extensively and find that, at a 4 star level, fluffy towels, toiletries and tea- and coffee-making facilities are basics. I was also irritated that I had to pay 8.5 Euros for the use of the gym round the corner. This is unheard of - if hotels do not have their own gyms, even a little room with a few machines and a tv in it, then the least they can do is not charge you to use the gym around the corner which they have an arrangement with. I think the hotel is trading too much on its prominence as a heritage site and they seem to be taking advantage of all opportunity to save money. Sadly, this means that it definitely is not a luxury hotel at all. I will not return on my next trip to Vienna as I am sure one can find better quality for the same price.

Dear sarcher2016,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us regarding your experience. We noticed your critics and are glad to have the opportunity to answer.

Tea and coffee facilities are available upon request at the reception desk (manned 24h/day) and will then be brought to the guest room. We are sorry that you did not get them quickly and will check the procedures. Thank you for informing us.
As you wrote we do offer shampoo/gel dispenser in the bathrooms: one for the washbasin and one for the shower or bath/tube. We did choose a very good quality of products and regret that they did not meet your expectations. A regular check of the towels takes place in house and we do replace them regularly to guarantee a pleasant quality. We already informed our housekeeping department and will strengthen the controls. Do not hesitate to ask for a replacement directly on site, to enable us a quick reaction.

The Hotel Stefanie is a very traditional 4 star hotel with an historical ambience and wonderfully combines tradition and modern amenities. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our beautiful breakfast offer and thank you for pointing out the staff service.
We noticed your improvement suggestions and will continue to work on our performance to optimize our offer and hopefully convince you at the time of your next Vienna visit.

In the meantime, we remain,
with best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is really excellent. spacious rooms, very good restaurant and the service is very good.
i enjoyed my stay a lot. it is not too far away from the centre in a fairly quiet area. The centre with all its famous places is at walking distance.
good shops around the hotel are also appreciated
I was there in the beginning of 2017 and i can recommend it heartily

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Stefanie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear HUBER J,

we are pleased to learn about your last years’ experience and we thank you for your nice comments.

We hope you will soon visit us again and remain,
with best regards from Vienna

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Fantastic trip to Vienna to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversay. It was also my husbands birthday the day we checked in (which the hotel were unaware of) and half an hour later a bottle of fizz, a sachertorte and red rose were delivered to the room.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and everyone you passed greeted you and smiled.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
linda_labschuetz, Internet Guest Relation Manager at Hotel Stefanie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear JaneBV2017,

we are very happy that you choose our Hotel Stefanie for your Vienna vacation and are glad that we could contribute making you celebrate a wonderful Wedding Anniversary and birthday.

We would like to take this opportunity and wish you one more: all the best for you and your husband. Good luck, joy and health.

Best regards