All reviews cafe ritter great location shopping street historical building metro station reception staff nice hotel city break bars and restaurants minute walk wifi connection quiet at night large room comfortable stay boutique hotel mariahilferstrasse zieglergasse
Reviewed 22 February 2018

The hotel is very centrally located, traditional austrian boutique hotel in historical building. Rooms are very basic but clean. We liked breakfast. Not big,but you can find fruits, veggies and even sekt- sparkling local wine. Nice touch in the morning after the ball :)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Svetlana L
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We attended a Ball at the Vienna Hofburg and decided to stay in this hotel with friends (total five rooms). I had reserved 2 double rooms. Before arriving I called the hotel and inquired if it was possible to get a steam iron in case my tuxedo shirt needed to be ironed. The answer was no, we don't have it. This was a surprise to me, normally a housekeeping department always has one available.
We arrived, the receptionist was very friendly. She asked for my credit card, which is normal upon check-in, but then just went ahead and charged it and gave me the bill. Normally one pays upon check out, but not here.
We went to our rooms and both rooms were set up for only one person. I went back to the reception and informed the receptionist about it. She said she will inform her colleague about it. Back up to the room I went and started to unpack. All of a sudden the door opened up and a maid was standing there, not too happy looking. She did not knock before entering to see if someone was in the room, nor did she offer a greeting. She fixed the room and disappeared, again without saying a word.
The bar was closed in the afternoon, but we were told that we could sit there as we wanted to meet our friends. Some of them went back up to their rooms and came back with some beverages from the minibar. My friend showed me a half empty bottle of beer that he found in his minibar. He went to the reception and complaint and it was taken care off. Apparently whoever was supposed to refill the minibar did not do a good job.
We returned at 3:30am from the ball to the hotel and I went to the reception to retrieve our room keys. I told the receptionist our room numbers and he handed them over without asking our names or asked to see an identification! Anyone could have done this and enter our rooms. Not the best in-house security.
Breakfast is served until 11am, which is a nice touch. We arrived at 9:45am, some of our friends were already there. Some tables were pushed against the wall and not one of them was set for breakfast. The waitress started to lay down the cutlery after we were seated. I went to the coffee machine to get some coffee. I selected a Cafe Latte, unfortunately the larger cup (there are two sizes) was still too small and the cup overflowed. Either management has larger cups available or does not offer Latte.
The breakfast offer was fine. When we checked out, we were waiting for the elevator and a maid came by. She looked at us and continued without a greeting. I am sorry, but a smile and a hallo does not cost anything and should be standard in any hotel.
Overall we were not satisfied with this stay and will not return. Those things should not happen in any hotel.

Room Tip: Near Mariahilferstrasse, a pedestrian zone with lots of shops.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kerbau
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Lovely family hotel, great location and good price for centre of Vienna. The beds and mattresses are very comfortable. It is an old hotel but it is very clean and stuff is friendly. We have stayed there number of times already and will be coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ZuzanaK360
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Very happy with hotel...great location close to the main shopping street as well as to rail station...comfortable room and clean..breakfast was well presented and great coffee. ..reception staff friendly and accommodating...will return again

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel for the very good location and fair price. It is close to museums, shopping, bars and restaurants.
The room was modery furnished and spacious. Breakfast was very good with good variety. Wifi connection is also good.
We received a free upgrade and are very thankful for it. The staff was very nice.
This hotel was a good choice for a one night stay in Vienna in December.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple