“Nice enough”
Review of Tsiakkas Tavern

Tsiakkas Tavern
Ranked #193 of 589 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: Tsiakkas Taverna is in one of the most magnificent locations on the island. The Taverna is a family run business, running for over 35 years. Our quality is down to our experience, which gives you the chance to try homemade fresh food. The original taste of Cyprus.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying nearby and decided to spend the last evening of our holiday at this restaurant as it looked as though it had more character than the restaurant next door.
We were greeted straight away and shown to a table by the window, with a lovely view of the sea.
Service was very quick, in fact a bit too quick as we like a bit of a break between courses and we did ask for a couple of minutes but our main course turned up before we had really finished our starters, although we did get an apology for this as apparently the food had already been prepared! The restaurant wasn’t very busy while we were there so perhaps that is why.
We each had a different traditional Greek dish. All in all the food was good and there was plenty of it.
It is a traditional Cypriot tavern in a lovely location and good value for money.

4  Thank Helen K

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Yiannis & George were such fantastic hosts, they always had a friendly smile and accommodating. The food was fantastic - moussaka was amazing and the mezes were delicious and didn't stop coming to the table until you felt you could explode! We stayed in the next bay at Queens Bay and it was a joy to walk along the cliff to the taverna for the company, food and cocktails.

4  Thank Carolyn L
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We stayed in the flats above the tavern, which I also highly recommend. The food is super delicious, especially the meze and the frappe (best in town)! The best thing were the super nice vibes and great hospitality by the hosts Yiannis and his father.
You're not gonna regret a visit, enjoy !

4  Thank Julian K
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I've been visiting Paphos twice. The first time on July of 2015 and the second on September of 2017. I can definitely say that my journey wasn't that great if my vacation was not connected with Tsiakkas Tavern.

My family, friends and I did enjoyed the food, great service, wonderful and joyful evenings. The place is located in very picturesque landscape. You can observe the gorgeous sunset above the sea sitting on the terrace while your dinner home-made oriental meal. The view is breathtaking, the food is delicious, I promise. At the night time you have an opportunity to see the panorama of the night city from the side of Cynthiana Hotel. Don't forget about the Tsiakkas bar. Cocktails, music, thematic parties, contests, billiard and more more else waiting you there.

The owners are people who will cook the best meal for you and give you any types of advice you need - from the dish choose till the sightseeing routes. The best thing in this place, definitely the Tsiakkas family. Thanks to them, I felt in love with Paphos and ready to return there again and again.

4  Thank Asya U
Reviewed 7 November 2017

My Fiance & I were staying in Paphos at the Cynthiana Hotel & found Tsiakkas Taverna right next door ! Thank you for the Amazing food, Superb service & chat from owners George his son Yiannis.
Wonderful Authentic flavours of Cyprus on your plate. My Moussaka was Devine! Stuart had Kleftiko (lamb cooked in an earthen oven) the meat melted in his mouth.
Back again for a 20 course meat Meze !! It was Outstanding a mixture of local traditional food
With Live Music on Fri & Sat evenings its the Full Cypriot Experience