All reviewsroom servicenorthern cyprussaladrenovationbalconies
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Avoid like the plague. It doesn't even deserve 1 star if there was a zero star I would have selected it. I lived in Cyprus when I was a kid and knew what a great reputation Jasmine Court hotel used to have it was the height of luxury back then so I was excited when I got there. Upon arrival both 'customer service' Reception staff were from Bangladesh so the language barrier was there from the very start. I speak Turkish as well as English so thought I had a big advantage! They took ages to find my reservation making me feel like a criminal that was trying to break into one of their rooms. After around 20 minutes they managed to find my reservation which I had of course booked online with no apology or explanation whatsoever. The guy then proceeded to say 'Your room is there' pointing to a corridor. It took me about 10 minutes to find my room, no baggage service whatsoever! Granted the room is huge with a lounge but it all looks very tired with the power points barely attached to the walls. So the contents of the room - 1 kettle and that's it. No coffee, tea, cups, mugs etc. There was a small fridge that also contained absolutely bugger all in it. Thank god the aircon was working! I went down to reception and enquired as to why there was no tea, coffee, water etc and was told that they don't provide that and I would have to buy this myself. I asked why there where no cups, glasses etc and they said this will be dealt with immediately. I went out on a day trip and when I came back to my room NOTHING had been done as I'd asked. I went down again and the lady on the front desk started playing a blame game that it was not her area and the housekeeping manager should have done it. She seemed very frustrated with her job and looked like she was close to walking out! I also noticed that there was no 'do not disturb' sign for my room door and thought this very strange, how will housekeeping know when to clean my room?! I asked about this and they said that the rooms get cleaned every 3 days and if I wanted my room cleaned I'd have to ask for it! When I asked for it they did clean it and did a good job, but after I came back from a trip to Ayia Napa after several days it hadn't been touched. My towels hadn't been changed, and I was seriously low on toilet paper! I had to face the embarrassment of asking for toilet paper in front of the other guests in the lobby. The pool area is actually very pleasant however I asked for a towel and was kept waiting for about 10 mins for someone to find one and then was told that they had run out and there was a towel in my room?! My main gripe is communication - there is absolutely none. If on arrival I had been told that there is nothing in my room and I have to beg for my room to be cleaned, towels changed and toilet paper provided then I would have probably written a different review. Don't ever stay here they don't care about the hotel its all about making money in the Casino!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Mike E
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Room is falling apart. Out of the three rooms we had two had broken toilet seats. Staff is from Bangladesh and doesn’t speak English or Turkish making it impossible to communicate. Rooms are not cleaned and towels not changed. When we inquired at the reception we were told that they clean the rooms every third day. Breakfast is also very bad quality and even butter is not available.
It’s supposed to be a 5 star hotel but even 1 star would be too much.
Not worth the money or aggravation!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank IstanbulSenator1
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed one night at beginning of October. Three of us thus two rooms . Both big with bedroom and separate lounge. One recently refurbished very nicely ,the other not. When we asked to be moved they said all rooms full- lie doubt if there were even quarter of rooms occupied. Fridges in both rooms- empty. No glasses,kettle but only one mug and no tea or coffee. No pillowcases on pillows ,no top sheet only a blanket!
Breakfast was awful. Choice of omelet was plain or plain!! Flies on cheese etc.
Reception most unhelpful and housekeeping dreadful. Stairs and corridors dirty and lift to one of our roonms(4th floor) not working.
Such a shame as stayed in this hotel often in the past and can't believe that this Suberin hotel has deteriorated to such an extent.

Room Tip: Don't go unless you have a sense of humour!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Janie R
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 9 days at the end of September I decided to book this even after reading all the reviews. We booked for £55 a night and were quiet amazed at the size of the hotel, we had a large apartment room with 2 rooms connected which were both huge and comfortable. We explored our breakfast options and decided we would eat our meals out for our entire stay as their breakfast options were the same daily.

We enjoyed many many local restaurants at walking distance and tried a new restaurant daily... we loved all our meals and therefore did not have very high expectations from the hotel... we used the hotel gardens for walks and evening teas and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere...

There's no room service for food, No house keeping (unless you call reception), Hence we got into the habit of calling reception for room service and they appeared within minutes.

The Asian staff were very friendly, called our taxis, suggested eating places etc and always greeted us.

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel because we weren't expecting the 5 star service having paid the little they charged us for the rooms - therefore we enjoyed our trip. For fair pictures please check out jasmin court on Instagram where you will see 1000's of guest pictures and don't get me wrong the hotel is busy!!! We wanted to extend our stay for 2 additional days and their 168 rooms were fully sold out. That does say something....

All in all, go with an open mind and just don't expect 5 stars because is not, it's comfortable and relaxing, the aircons work, the swimming pool is not overly crowded cause it's massive and they have massive walking areas.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aash4ever
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Rude employees, dirty rooms, no wifi and no power for more than 4 hours.
The explanation for no power is that the technicians are working. Old and not maintained facility. The days for this hotel is over. DO NOT GO.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple