All reviews rooftop pool misty bar petrol station ali shah house restaurant front facing northern cyprus central location five star hotel busy road beautiful hotel picturesque harbour checking out spent nights quality hotel half board hotel management
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2017 with my mom. We had the breakfast/dinner option. Our goal was to have a relaxing mother daughter time. While the hotel has a casino, we did not gamble at all. So my review is just about the hotel not the casino.

I decided to rate my hotel reviews based on various criteria. This way I hope to give an objective rating for each category that will sum up to an overall rating for the place I'm reviewing. I will start with the most positive and end with the least positive points. Again: This is just my opinion.

Service: The hotel staff is very professional and friendly. Everyone goes out of their way to help in every matter.

Food/restaurant: The buffet food for both breakfast and dinner was very rich, fresh and good. I'm a vegeterian and there were many healthy choices available.

Rooms: Are very clean and comfortable. Maybe the only negative was the fact that you could sometimes smell cigarette smoke from the other rooms even though guests are not allowed to smoke inside the rooms. I think the hotel should consider charging guests a fine for smoking in rooms.

Gym/spa: The gym was well equipped, but the best part of the gym was the personal trainer, Natalia. I hired her for a few personal training sessions and had a really good workout. She's such a hard working person. The spa (the wet zone) in the back is kinda weird, it needs a little updating. For a female guest it was not that easy to use due to lack of privacy. The massage service was not that good. My massage therapist was not the best and it was too loud right in front of the door. One of the male employees was talking very loudly on his phone in front of the massage rooms.

Location: The location of the hotel is unfortunately not the best. It's right across a gas station and there's a lot of traffic right in front of it. The hotel's roof top has a view of the ocean and is also the best part of the hotel. Nevertheless, the hotel is close to the shopping district, if you like shopping. You can also walk all the way down to the castle. However, it's not a very short walk and there's a slight incline on the way up.

Check in/Reservation: This was the worst part of my experience with the hotel. When I tried to directly reserve a room with the hotel (I was calling internationally), the person in charge asked me to email a photocopy of my credit card (front and back), which is a big no-no these days. I ended up wiring money to reserve my first night, but at check-in they didn't accommodate any of my room requests even though I had confirmed these in advance. So my mom and I, we had to wait several hours to check-in until another room was cleaned-up.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front side of the hotel are overlooking a gas station.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Arkin Colony H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Please be informed that we have forwarded your comments and suggestions to all related departments.
Your detail comments will serve as a guide to our future guest

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel right in the centrum.... Near to everything.... The beds are very comfortable and the rooms big enough with nice sea view.... I recommend this hotel highly.. there is many things to see on this island!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Eda K
Arkin Colony H, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a great pleasure to welcome you at The Arkın Colony hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your time here.
Please note that your time that you spent writing down your comments on TripAdvisor are highly appreciated. We are looking forward to welcome you again at The Arkın Colony Hotel in the near future.

Arkın Colony Hotel

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I stayed in Room 120 (so you dont have to) on Christmas Eve. I was kept awake all through the night
with the constant outside noise.Large A/C unit, steel trolley being wheeled backwards
and forwards, cars being moved,one playing music at 4 in the morning. It really spoilt
my stay and Christmas Day. I complained to the management and they couldnt have
been nicer or more understanding. Mrs Najan has offered me an upgrade to a suite
the next time I stay, also a free massage.It was such a pity as this is a lovely Hotel. The Christmas Eve
Gala Buffet was delicious, such a selection of food. Chefs checking the buffet all
the time nothing ran out and all food looked fresh. The live music made for a good
atmosphere and there is a small dance floor. There was plenty of choice for breakfast.
Christmas Day lunch buffet was very good also with lots of choice. The turkey was very
tasty.The rooftop Pool, sunbathing area, Misty Bar and Restaurant have fab views
and relaxing ambience. All the Staff are very welcoming and helpful.It was an
unforgetable experience......... I'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Itsgemini

First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We are aware that you disturbed night in 120 and we appologise again for not being able to change your room as the hotel was fool over Christmas. We are going to keep our promise and will be more than happy to give you free Suit upgrade and a nice relaxing massage next time you come to stay with us.
Please note that your time that you spending to writing down detail information and comments are highly appreciated.

Arkın Colony Hotel

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Smiley personnel, good food, large rooms, great decoration, cosy feeling.
Top floor pool large enough and clean with great views over the harbour. Great a-la-carte food, especially the pizzas.
Central location. Given the reasonable rates, perfect quality.
Stayed there many times and hoping they maintain their standards so we keep staying there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank farukaugust

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Spent 6 nights at the hotel as part of a tour group. Good location for walking down to the harbour as well using as a base to visit sites out of town. Hotel staff helpful, professional and polite. Had contacted hotel in advance (reservation.colony@arkingroup.com) to ask for a room on the second floor with a balcony. Mr W Ali Shah ( assistant manager) was very helpful arranging our request. Our room number was 211 and even though this was above the Casino entrance and overlooking the petrol station- you were still able to see the sunrise above the mountains each morning and a “sea view”.

Food is good in the hotel with plenty of international variety. Broadband connection in rooms is fine, swimming roof top pool available. Cash exchange in the lobby for local currency although a slightly better rate to be found in town.

Kyrenia Tavern, well worth a lunch time visit, just a 2 minute walk away from the hotel. At present, only open for lunch, but will provide you with a unique local experience. On the same corner are two charity shops helping with the issue of cat and dog rescue.

The hotel also has a Spa Centre and l can recommend the Pina Coladas, especially when viewing the harbour from the roof top terrace!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SaintGeorgeEngland

First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Please be informed that your comments will serve as a guide to our future guests