“Wonderful sweaters but with a disturbing VAT demand this year from online order.”
Review of Nordic Store

Nordic Store
Ranked #3 of 93 Shopping in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Nordic Store offers quality Icelandic Wool Products; Traditional Wool Sweaters, Wool Blankets and many other wool accessories! Visit Nordic Store if you are looking for the perfect Icelandic Wool Sweater or a gift from Iceland, such as jewelry or Icelandic salts and beauty products! Nordic Store also offers various types of Parkas and lightweight coats from the quality brand Canada Goose and unique design products from local Icelandic designers!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I bought a lovely Icelandic sweater last year from Nordic Store and was so pleased with it I bought another similar but slightly different colour this winter. Both jumpers were almost the same price and each time delivery charges with DHL were the same.
However this year I have been invoiced for a VAT amount of £29.22 which DHL are demanding I pay ?? There is no mention of this on NordicStore's website or order confirmation and I am very puzzled and do not know what to do. Nordic Store would not comment and said to take it up with my own country, the UK.
Have other purchasers from UK experienced these demands for VAT ? And why have I been billed for VAT this year and not for my nearly identical purchase last year?

1  Thank WendyNorthWales
Hulda B, Public Relations Manager at Nordic Store, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hello Wendy and thank you for your review! We are sorry to hear that the VAT came as a surprise to you but we do include the following in our shipping policy on our webpage and you are alerted about this when checking out: "You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.

Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from NordicStore.net, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.

There are no additional fees, customs duties or Taxes charged in Iceland for export."

We are though currently looking into the option of having these charges just included in our price in the future, by putting our prices up of course, so there is no extra cost which comes as a surprise for our customers like it has unfortunately done for you. We hope this clears everything up and wish you a very happy new year!

All reviews
"shipping costs"
"online order"
"wonderful products"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this store"
"fish skin"
"woollen"
"sheep"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 December 2017

If you like shopping while traveling (we don't) then they might have stuff that you want. We went in quickly to look at the sweaters, but didn't end up getting any. If we came in the winter we might have...

1  Thank Zeke K

Thank you for this review Zeke! You´re always welcome, winter or summer! :)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I got my order confirmation late Thursday evening and everything went smoothly. Got an email with confirmation and not long after an email with tracking via DHL. Today I got my new jumper one day before promised delivery due to amazing work from DHL when it comes to customs clearance and of course Nordic Store.
Highly recommend ordering from this place if you have your eyes set on an Icelandic jumper.
Will order form them again in the near future unless I get to visit the great country of Iceland again.

1  Thank Epihany5150

We´re happy to hear that you liked our services and would recommend us to others! Thank you so much for your review! :)

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I am one of those people who are always cold so I wear Icelandic wool for the most part of the year. I have a hoodie from the Nordic Store and 3 of their tight fit sweaters, in grey, in black and in white. I am on my second grey one, having worn out the first one. The tight fit model is flattering, warm and not bulky. The design of the yoke is plainer than the usual Icelandic designs and there are no patterns around the wrists and at the hem, so the jumper is more versatile, I feel I can wear it in town as well as for outdoors activities. The lopapeysur are not cheap - nothing is Iceland is - but the quality is good.