“great vegan food, cakes and coffee!”
Review of Kaffi Vinyl

Kaffi Vinyl
Ranked #19 of 74 Quick Bites in Reykjavik
Reviewed 10 June 2018

During my stay in Reykjavik I went there twice, I was so happy to find this all-vegan place in Iceland. I had the lasagne and the wrap, both came with a salad and sauce on the side. It was very tasty, hearty and umami, perfect soul food which makes me feel at home. I also tried the cakes, a cashew cheesecake, wow! And enjoyed the coffee, they serve three or four different milk alternatives. The staff was always very friendly and I also liked the cozy atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Delicious all-vegan menu, casual atmosphere, friendly staff. A must-eat if you're in vegetarian/vegan and traveling in Reykjavik.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Not quite but it's that kind of feeling. Lovely little oasis just off main drag, very tasty grub, happy hour all day long, vinyl records all day long even more importantly, and we also saw some good acoustic music one evening. Friendly staff in the main, happy patrons, chilled out vibes, I'd love to come back and play some house records with my friend Peelee one night perhaps? Takk.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

First time I visited Vínyl was in April 2016. The owner was rude to me then and I did not return until now, 2 years later, when I felt that I had to give it a try since it is one of the only two vegan places in town.
I initially ordered a latte with oat milk and a cashew cheesecake. The coffee was too foamy for a latte, more like a big cappuccino, and the foam was bubbly. The cheesecake was tasteless with a rather annoying texture, and I returned it asking to change it with something else. I asked them to pick their best cake, and I was served some sort of chia-pudding cake with chocolate and a nut base, that was too frozen to eat. I waited for it to defrost, but even then the taste was not particularly inviting.
The staff was very eager to make up for the experience though, and when I later asked for a recommendation of their best dish, I was presented with their "Kawai" warm sandwich, a greasy delight of grilled mushrooms and oumph, with a luscious layer of fresh guacamole on the bottom. It was a bit messy to eat -you can obviously not eat it with a fork and knife, and the one small napkin that came with them was inadequate for the thorough wiping my hands needed after just the first bite- so that was rather awkward: I had meant to read while eating, but it wasn't possible. It was however very tasty, good quality comfort food for a casual lunch or dinner while hanging out downtown. Combined with an upbeat staff and nice music in a clean space, Vínyl seems to make for quite a feel-good outing.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I'm staying in Reykjavik for a while and from the moment I walked into Kaffi Vinyl I knew that this could be a place where I just sit and read, chill out, draw and eat great food! It reminded me of one of my favourite vegan cafes back in Liverpool, but with the great addition of a vinyl section to browse. The staff were friendly, funny and helped with recommending something to eat and drink. I had a chia seed, strawberry smoothie dessert that was extremely tasty and I sat for a while in the cosy cafe undisturbed just drawing the world go by - that's how the atmosphere of a cafe should be!

Date of visit: April 2018