All reviews pod beds car dealership usb charging ports grocery store across the street air con comfortable mattress lounge area sliding door slept like a baby key card minute walk save some money communal kitchen shower water living room shared bathroom great place to stay
Reviewed 17 April 2018

For our trip with 37 people, I could not have made a better choice to choose the galaxy pod hostel. The rooms were super, and also the pods were an experience to sleep in. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. In short, a must to book.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank koen2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Great, helpful staff, unusual experience, comfy beds. There is breakfast available, you get your own locker and it is also really clean. I loved the view from the lobby and movie nights. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JagodaJ7
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I've always wanted to stay in a pod hostel and I finally got the opportunity to do so. The pods are very cool. I stayed in a 24 bed (pod) room but felt like I was in my own room, well besides when I was trying to be quiet coming back from a late night. There's a fairly big cabinet you are assigned if you wanna store a carry on bag in, otherwise you can lock our pod and unlock it using your card key. Pretty cool. Staff are friendly. There is free parking, but it is located next to a car dealership and sometimes finding a spot can be tough. The location was fine since we rented a car but if you want to walk to the harbor it is about 1.5 miles away.

Staying here was a great experience, but I wasn't sure what it was but it seemed the shower water smelled of rotten eggs. It made the bathrooms smell a bit.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Moybien93
Reviewed 28 March 2018

A special thanks to Lagoda and Frederico for their excellent reception customer service! By far, the most empathetic and helpful staff at Galaxy.

As a female middle age solo traveler, this place was better than expected! An easy walk to the grocery store across the street or to the awesome local geothermal community bath Laugardalslaug. What a great way to relax after a long flight!!

The accommodations were comfortable and quiet. The view to the ocean int he lounge was an unexpected bonus! Popcorn and movies every night featuring a movie filmed in Iceland. I saw Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller- who knew it was filmed in Iceland?!

Communal kitchen was tidy and convenient.

I would most definitely stay here next time!

Room Tip: I stayed in female only.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Anneliese M
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A beautifully built and well maintained hostel.. Pod is an experience by itself, common areas and toilets are always clean despite the number of people living, very responsive staffs especially at the reception. Highly recommended for all types of travellers.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo