Review Highlights
Definitely recommend!

We would definitely recommend the Reykjavík for walk to anyone visiting Iceland. The food was all... read more

Reviewed today
rickjl88
via mobile
Gourmet experience in Reykjavik!

My wife and I recently celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary in Iceland with our two daughters... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Neptuno1990
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from US$139.00
from US$56.57
from US$110.83
from US$53.11
1,727 results
All reviews rye bread ice cream food tour icelandic food arctic char food scene our tour guide cured meats horse meat icelandic hot dog lamb soup skyr hot dog stand highly recommend this tour food stops great tour fermented shark icelandic culture
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

This tour was so well worth it! Not only did we get to try 13 different kinds of food, we got to walk some of it off with the walking! Nothing too strenuous though... Anna was so fun and kept us entertained with her history and traditions of Iceland.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Spent a few hours on the food walk with Anna and had a great time. There was plenty of food (we made six stops, as well as some takeaway skyr), good variety, and all of it delicious. I couldn't help but share Anna's enthusiasm for Iceland and it's food despite the terrible weather. Would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank joelfk3
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We enjoyed the tour with Alexandra. We were able to try quite a few dishes, and as the tour guide mentioned at the beginning of the tour they focused on food that most people like and we avoided pickled fish. The tour had six stops and gave you an authentic look at the modern cuisine of Iceland; lamb soup, cheese, meat, rye bread ice cream, fish filet and fish mash, and finished with desert. I do wish we were able to try lobster soup that was mentioned in other reviews. The walk was not strenuous by any means, but be mindful of ice. I'm gad we did this tour and wish we were able to do it on our first day as you learn some locations you may want to go back to.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We are a family of four. This tour was perfect and frankly largely due to Anna. Her story telling, her funny demeanor, her pride in Iceland, her friendly behavior. The walk was great, the restaurant choices were great and surprising like the rye bread ice cream and best hot dog you will ever have will be in Iceland. We highly recommend visitors take this tour and ask for Anna.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I took my 2 sons (15 and 20) to Iceland over the new year's holiday and I was looking for varied activities to make our visit. I came across the Food Tour randomly online and thought 'what the heck?" it's different. I would not call ourselves 'foodies' but we do eat. It ended up being one of our best times of our trip. Anna was fantastic. She was really fun and upbeat. My boys adored her as I think everyone in our group did too. There were about 12 of us total on the tour and we were able to mix up the seating at each stop and get to learn about Iceland as well as each other ... a mixed group but Anna and the food really brought us together. I'd highly recommend.