“50th birthday dinner celebration”

Sjavargrillid Seafood Grill
Ranked #19 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$17 - US$50
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed 15 February 2016

The front desk clerk at Skuggi Hotel recommended this restaurant which was less than a 15 minute walk for us. It was a Tuesday evening and we got the perfect corner, window table watching the light snow falling while we were served drinks and a little bucket of fresh bread. The waiter was very attentive, checking back often. My salmon was very tasty but could have been cooked just a few more minutes for memto say it was delicious. The presentation was beautiful as was the elegantly displayed sorbet dessert. Our only wait was for the check , otherwise it was a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by my Airbnb host and I now understand why. The 3-course menu is very reasonably priced and the portions are very big for me, I usually wouldn't be able to finish but I made sure to polish everything on the plates as they were too good! My menu started with Hallgrím’s shellfish soup, which had Langoustine, Blue mussel, shrimp, fennel. The sweetness of the seafood came through beautifully in this creamy soup. The main course was the catch of the day combo, which was ling fish and salmon that day. The fish were super fresh obviously and cooked very well, moist and slightly chewy and they came with vegetables like celeriac and brocolli and carrots. By this course I was stuffed! The best is yet to come - the finale was of course the dessert. Named humbly as a chocolate cake, I was pleasantly surprised with the different textures and techniques used for this dessert dish. It was a deconstructed chocolate cake with peanut butter ice cream, chocolate fudge and cherry jelly. It was amazing! Do make reservations in advance to avoid disappointment. Service was so-so, but it didn't bother me so much since the food was really good.

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We booked a few days in advance and even then we could only get a table at 6pm on a Saturday night . The restaurant is cozy and intimate , the staff are very attentive . The food is exceptional and plentiful. We were given a chef special appetiser which was a nice touch . Bread was plentiful , good drink selection and an extensive menu . The portion sizes were large even though it read small plate . I had the langoustine which was delicious , so were the cheeses.
You will get good food and service in a relaxing environment , it won't disappoint , I would definitely recommend this place ,

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We were recommended by our hotel to try this restuarant and we not disappointed, we went for the full tasty menu with wine expensive but an amazing experience and would recommend this for delicate flavours and the finest ingredients a must do

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We invited my sister and brother in-law to dinner because of his 60th birthday. The service and food was excellent.