“terrible service, meh food. ”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #164 of 502 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: Located on the famous Laekjargata in the heart of Reykjavik City, Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik contains three floors, each with its own distinctive vibe. The Cellar features the main venue, which includes a large bar and dining seats for up to 90 people. Additionally, we boast a large stage for concerts and 36 bar seats. When we clear the room for huge concerts, 250 people can enjoy the show. You enter on the ground floor, which contains our world famous Rock Shop(R). Head upstairs for the main restaurant, with its open kitchen, 141 seats, and 45 bar seats. Unforgettable Menu Items at Our Cafe Hard Rock guests enjoy fresh items from our signature menu, all cooked to perfection. Some of our favorites include the Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta, Legendary(R) Burger, slow-cooked ribs, and juicy grilled chicken. In addition to our legendary food, we deliver an extensive drinks menu that includes hurricanes, margaritas, signature favorites, and Alternative Rock (alcohol-free) beverages, all available in Hard Rock souvenir collectible glassware.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped at hard rock as it's one of my favourites and usually consistent worldwide. I got the pulled chicken Texan burger and my partner got the club. Club was ok and fries were ice cold. My burger was ok but there was no sauce at all (cheese, fried onions, fried japapenos, pulled chicken and a dry bun... makes for a very dry burger) and fries were ice cold. Our drinks went empty before our meals ever came and were never replaced. Tried to flag down our waitress for some sauce but upon dropping our food she never returned. We were one of 5 tables eating in the entire restaurant and all three servers completely ignored us. Waited 15 minutes at the bar to pay our bill. Worst experience in Iceland, not consistent with other hard rock cafes. FOH really needs to step it up.

HRCREYKJAVIK, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Reagan,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are sorry that we were not up to standard in our visit. We have been working hard to get many things up to speed which it should 110%.
We will address this with our Operations managers.

We hope that you visit us again and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So after spent some hours in the city of Reykjavik. Had to get something to eat. So why not try a famous burger. And I did. It is was it is. But it takes good You are no longer hungry. I should have made a complaint about the fries. They where not as crisp and warm as you expect.

HRCREYKJAVIK, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the review Weather76 and taking the time to be kind ;-)

Sorry about the fries :-(

Storm Karlsson
Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is Hard Rock Cafe Vol.2. After a ten year absence, Hard Rock Cafe returned to Iceland in 2016. I used to go to the old place back in the day and I quiet liked that but then I was in my 20s and my tastes have changed a lot since then
I was with a group of friends and someone came up with the idea to check out Hard Rock Cafe since it had newly opened again and is at a great location in the city center. It was a busy Saturday night and we decided to start with a drink. The beer was drinkable but the so called cocktails that I ordered looked like a brightly colored washing liquids and tasted just like water with a splash of fruit juice in it. We got the menu where every other item was deep fried something and decided to start with nachos to share. By then we were getting a bit annoyed by Justin Bieber blasting in the pa system (nothing remotely "hard rock" about that) and then the waiters suddenly started to run around the place like they just escaped from a mad house with sparklers on their heads and the gangster looking guys on the next table started discussing some very dubious business deals and I couldn´t drink that sorry excuse for a cocktail I got so we decided to call a nearby restaurant and order a table over there. The evening then ended with a very fine steak and a good wine and a waiter that knew what the word "Malbec" meant on the bottle label. I´m just too old for bad food and waiters that have to shoute so you can hear them

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I dropped by the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and shared the tapas sampler. It provided good variety and we liked everything. Service was very good and the ambience is what you find in Hard Rock cafes everywhere. Prices in Reykjavik are generally high and this fell into line with those. The ultimate question is always this one: Would we return to this restaurant if we were in Reykjavik again? Yes, we would.

Hello Urbane_Canada,

Thank you for a very good and nice review.

Look forward to see you again at the Cafe if you ever are in Iceland again.

Regards,

Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Sleek, new modern decor Hard Rock Cafe with all the familiar dishes, entertaining music videos and legendary service! My first visit was so excellent, I returned for another dinner the second night. My bartender/servers, Vali, Paul and Joana were very attentive in making sure everything was perfect. The food was cooked to perfection (I strongly recommend the Local Legendary Burger) and drinks were served cold and tasty.

HRCREYKJAVIK, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks Brent for an awesome review.

Hope to see you again at the Cafe sooner then later :-)

Storm Karlsson