“Silfra Snorkeling - Great Experience”
Review of Iceland Advice

Iceland Advice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Iceland Advice is a fully licensed Tour operator, Booking office and Information center in Iceland. Iceland Advice offers a wide range of tours & activities to make sure that there is always something for everyone. With Iceland Advice, you get outstanding customer service, guaranteed best price and simple and fast bookings.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I went snorkeling on our first day in Iceland and it was hands down the best experience in this beautiful country. Our guide was Cordelia and she was amazing, she made us feel comfortable and let us take out time to get ready and go in the water. I learned many fun facts from her such as where the Viking Parliament was first founded. The pictures from the trip also came out great, matter of fact I set one of the pictures as my background photo on my computer. I would highly recommend anyone who is going to Iceland to try silfra snorkeling, you will not regret it!

Cordelia C, Guide at Iceland Advice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Fernanda

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it! I’m so pleased you enjoyed it so much and very glad you like the photos, I hope they’ll be a lasting reminder of your adventure in Silfra!
Best wishes
Cordelia

All reviews
"hot chocolate and cookies"
in 17 reviews
"once in a lifetime"
in 14 reviews
"crystal clear water"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"drink the water"
"iceland trip"
"tectonic plates"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to the snorkeling on the last day of our stay on Icland and it was the highlight of our trip! Silfra was just amazingly beautiful, the water was so clear and the view under the surface was astonishing. And you could drink the water too! The whole experience got even better with our super nice and professional tour guide Anna Sara who helped us with all our questions and calmed the more nervous of us down (which was me). For the other travelera with more days left on their trips she provided a lot of information and tips about other things to do on Iceland. We would highly recommend to do the snorkeling with her!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My brother and I did the Silfra snorkeling experience and both agree that it was the highlight of our Iceland trip. The fissure was just beautiful to behold, and I've already told so many friends to put it at the top of their lists. Our experience was made even better by our fabulous guide/instructor, Cordelia. She is a so much fun, very informative, has a hilarious sense of humor, and she made us feel completely safe and prepared to be in the water. She also took GoPro pictures of us and the underwater views so that we could have the pictures later but focus on the present moment in front of us while in Silfra. I cannot recommend this adventure more highly, and if you go, try to book with Cordelia! She's brilliant.

Hi Elise

Awww, what a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I’m thrilled you both enjoyed it so much and look forward to seeing you in Iceland again - and your friends .

Best wishes

Cordelia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Silra was beautiful, the water was so clear it was difficult to tell how deep the fissure between the continental plates actually was! We stayed warm (and dry) in our suits - dry suit is definitely the way to go! Weston was the best guide- he kept the whole group comfortable, took amazing photos, and hung around with us for a full hour providing travel tips and telling us about how the geology, freediving etc. He also rescued my goPro when I left it behind and made sure I got it back the next morning from Reykjavik. A total star!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went snorkeling in Silfra with our guide Weston, and it was really really spectacular. I don’t consider my self a snorkeling-in-cold-water type of person- this activity was definitely outside my normal comfort zone. Plus it was really gross weather when we went. But Weston was very very patient and endlessly helpful, with everything from giving us general info about Silfra, to giving us helpful insider tips on snorkeling (like how to effectively remove water from our masks if some gets in), to helping us get our suits on just right. And he took tons of amazing pictures and shared them with the group- an amazing bonus. He also shared great travel tips for other parts of Iceland. So Weston was really awesome!! The suits were great. I really wasn’t cold in the water, which was a pleasant surprise. It was pretty rough/cold changing into the suits in the parking lot in like gale force winds (someone should really build like a small changing area, if only just to block some of the wind and rain). But Weston certainly made it as tolerable as he possibly could considering the elements. So a really outstanding experience. I would recommend it to everyone!