Review Highlights
Silfra Snorkling with Matias

I was actually able to book my snorkeling trip while in Iceland two days prior to arrival at... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Alaina1024
St. Marys, Georgia
Adventure @ ICELAND

Going to ICELAND is an adventure itself. It will open your mindset on nature and scenery. I can't... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
SIRDWEIN
Ottawa, Canada

All reviews hot chocolate and cookies dry suit amazing experience snorkeling tour amazing snorkeling tasted great too great guide once in a lifetime incredible pictures silfra fissure highly recommend this activity crystal clear water drink the water explaining everything stay warm views are amazing glacier water
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We went to the snorkeling on the last day of our stay on Icland and it was the highlight of our trip! Silfra was just amazingly beautiful, the water was so clear and the view under the surface was astonishing. And you could drink the water too! The whole experience got even better with our super nice and professional tour guide Anna Sara who helped us with all our questions and calmed the more nervous of us down (which was me). For the other travelera with more days left on their trips she provided a lot of information and tips about other things to do on Iceland. We would highly recommend to do the snorkeling with her!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My brother and I did the Silfra snorkeling experience and both agree that it was the highlight of our Iceland trip. The fissure was just beautiful to behold, and I've already told so many friends to put it at the top of their lists. Our experience was made even better by our fabulous guide/instructor, Cordelia. She is a so much fun, very informative, has a hilarious sense of humor, and she made us feel completely safe and prepared to be in the water. She also took GoPro pictures of us and the underwater views so that we could have the pictures later but focus on the present moment in front of us while in Silfra. I cannot recommend this adventure more highly, and if you go, try to book with Cordelia! She's brilliant.

Date of experience: May 2018
Cordelia C, Guide at Iceland Advice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Elise

Awww, what a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. I’m thrilled you both enjoyed it so much and look forward to seeing you in Iceland again - and your friends .

Best wishes

Cordelia

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Silra was beautiful, the water was so clear it was difficult to tell how deep the fissure between the continental plates actually was! We stayed warm (and dry) in our suits - dry suit is definitely the way to go! Weston was the best guide- he kept the whole group comfortable, took amazing photos, and hung around with us for a full hour providing travel tips and telling us about how the geology, freediving etc. He also rescued my goPro when I left it behind and made sure I got it back the next morning from Reykjavik. A total star!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went snorkeling in Silfra with our guide Weston, and it was really really spectacular. I don’t consider my self a snorkeling-in-cold-water type of person- this activity was definitely outside my normal comfort zone. Plus it was really gross weather when we went. But Weston was very very patient and endlessly helpful, with everything from giving us general info about Silfra, to giving us helpful insider tips on snorkeling (like how to effectively remove water from our masks if some gets in), to helping us get our suits on just right. And he took tons of amazing pictures and shared them with the group- an amazing bonus. He also shared great travel tips for other parts of Iceland. So Weston was really awesome!! The suits were great. I really wasn’t cold in the water, which was a pleasant surprise. It was pretty rough/cold changing into the suits in the parking lot in like gale force winds (someone should really build like a small changing area, if only just to block some of the wind and rain). But Weston certainly made it as tolerable as he possibly could considering the elements. So a really outstanding experience. I would recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Did a snorkeling tour with steve on may 24th. He was the absolute best. He was informative and funny. He was great at making you feel comfortable, but more importantly he was better at noticing when you felt uncomfortable in the water and did great at putting you at ease. If you needed help with getting water out of your mask he would get to you in an instant and help you out. There was a point where water got in my snorkel and I panicked and before I knew it steve was right there before I could even call him over to assist me. This tour was unbelievable. Your trip to Iceland isn’t complete till you see this magnificent place. Do it with these guys. They are the absolute best!!!!

P.s this trip is concluded with complimentary hot chocolate and cookies. And steve makes a mean mug of hot chocolate!!!! Steve your the best!!!

-Justin