“Bad customer service”
Review of Restaurant Nolla

Restaurant Nolla
Ranked #114 of 1,761 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$35 - US$118
Description: Local and organic products will be the building block of our menus all year round. With a focus on sustainability, our daily menu is based on creative thinking and all the techniques are used in a way that will promote the natural characteristics of the ingredients.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We were unlucky enough to be served by a waiter that didn’t explain us the concept of the restaurant, nor did he make any effort in telling us about the food. The greeting was merely “do you already know what you’re going to take” and when asked about vegetarian choices he very forcefully pushed fish to be an option. Later another waiter took right to comment the amount of food eaten in a way that felt more than inappropriate. There was also an incident (again with another waiter) when he was asked something that he promised to check from the kitchen and he never got back to it.

When spending more than 200 for the dinner for two I expect to get service that makes me feel appreciated. In that Nolla failed miserably and I certainly will take my money elsewhere in the future.

3  Thank iinen
Carlos H, Owner at Restaurant Nolla, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. These reviews are really important for a recently opened restaurant. My name is Carlos Henriques, I'm one of the owners and I was wondering if you would be so kind to give me a phone call, so I could understand better this such a rare situation. My phone number is 0401367446. Many thanks!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Fine dining? Sure, but warm feelings and comfort food is what this restaurant ultimately delivers. Mixing scandinavian with south european, brilliant! The staff is great and the food is amazing. A new experience even for well rounded connoisseurs. The wine list offers natural and organic wines as well as nice beverage packages including self made juices for those who desire less alcohol.

Zero waste, yes, and no, you are not eating food waste. The restaurant is just minimizing their own waste trail and doing it well, go check out the composter located inside the restaurant.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We had a three-course menu, which took around 2 hours. Food was delicious and nicely decorated and presented. Between the meals was enough time to enjoy tasty Serbian wine. Stuff was very friendly, and before every meal we were briefed about what’s on the plate.
If you wish just to taste the wine, it is possible at the bar desk without reservations.
Next time we’re heading for five-course menu.
By eating in this restaurant, you’re saving a nature from unnecessary waste.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Organic, real food with zero waste philosophy. Everything is local and the zero waste concept is carefully thought out in every part of the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Service was friendly and attentive, food excellent and innovative. Two great dinners and a couple of very fun evenings!