“Really small portions”
Review of Roster

Roster
Ranked #125 of 1,757 Restaurants in Helsinki
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I hss dinner with British friends. Two of us had Pulpo for main course. It was really just a tentacle with a tablespoon of puree. The plate looked really empty as well. Maybe the waiter could suggest aside dish or something. One of us had a burger and that was like from a different restaurant- fries were included!
This restaurant has a very good location and a nice view, but with 25 euro portion that leaves me hungry I won't be coming back very soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We went there for a work dinner a couple of days ago. There was a set menu and we were supposed to pick 1 main course out of the 3 choices which were as follows, black Agnus with red wine served on white asparagus, octopus with cashew puree and yoghurt sauce and finally a vegan option, which I don't recall. I decided to go with the octopus since it sounded quite different to what I've tried before. Well, tastewise it was good, soft and not chewy at all, but the portion was a joke. I usually eat fast but this time I tried my best to eat as slowly thinking it might help delay my hunger for a bit more. It did not, I had to munch on some bread, which I might add tasted really good. As for dessert, we had 2 options, a blackberry sorbet or a waffle, I obviously went for the waffle which was served to me in half. So I imagined they were either short on waffles, so they decided to give half to each one of us, or they were trying to keep us fit. Either way, although it was delicious, I like my waffles whole! Overall, jokes aside, the atmosphere there is quite fancy with interesting modern decor but the food portion is fairly small for the price of it.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We had a casual dinner Monday evening and overall the experience was good. Reception and service was friendly and professional and place next to Havis Amanda statue is really central. I had pulpo and it was reasonably good but maybe a bit overdone. My wife has cauliflower that was too creamy and heavy. However, overall good.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

After successful meeting we thought to go and have a nice night out with our work group. There was 15 of us and table was booked weeks in advance so there was no problem with that. I arrived bit earlier to check the place and have a nice cold beer on terrace. Place had nice design and it looked really clean like it should. View was decent and terrace was big enough for couple of drinks but i would not eat there, too small for that. Beer and drinks were pricey but that is expected from prime location like that.

Then our group arrived and my expectations were really high cause one of the owners is quite famous Finnish chef. (Like that would matter but mind works on mysterious ways.) We were seated downstairs in big cozy table with candles. Service was really polite and professional. We took one ready picked menu that had seasonal ingredients.

Appetizers were brilliant! Actually that was the highlight of the evening. Sparkling that waiter recommended went really well with appetizers (cold cooked salmon, roe, some cucumber/spring onion hack in sauce and roasted dark bread crums). After that things went bit downwards. Main course was some spring chicken with red wine sauce, garlic sauce drops and some beans. Green salad of course came in to the table. Half of the beans were uncooked, and i don't mean that they had a bit texture. I mean they were crunchy. My taste the waiters recommendation wine wasn't complimenting the meal like it should. Dessert had nothing wrong with it but it was just from the safer side. Ice cream on top of waffle, some strawberries and dark chocolate sauce. Good but like i said, bit safe idea.

There was also view to the kitchen from our table so for me that was nice. I like to see how people work in there. Everyone seemed to be really professional and fast what they do. Prices are quite high but so is every restaurant on location like that and fresh ingredients. Next time i will pick my own menu and go with smaller group to have better perspective about this restaurant. Even thou everything didn't went perfect or even near that, i'm definitely going to give it another chance.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I had salmon as appetizer and it was fabulous! Best ever. Great place, I expected it to have a higher rating.