“Great value”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Away from the town centre but easily worth a cab if you're in Lagos.
Very friendly, large portions of good food.
Black beans, rice, chips, boiled potatoes all served with main meal.
Good pudding selection as well, better than any other restaurant we have been to in Lagos

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and i visited the other night with family 27th June.. Table was booked for 4 persons. We were made to feel very welcome by the staff. Service was excellent. All meals were excellent. The sirloin steak, the chicken breast with mushroom sauce and the pork were done to perfection. It was a gr8 touch to have salad, rice and black beans as side dishes. My compliments to the chef. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Sorry i didn't take any photos.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Cozy little restaurant close to Dona Ana beach in Lagos with great food for a great price. We had local dishes with fish and it was very tasty.

1  Thank Camila N
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We were unfortunate to experience unseasonal chilly, wet weather for our stay in Lagos. One night we sought out the nearest place for an evening meal. The Onda Norte was recommended as place serving "simple honest food".
It was well supported by local people, both Portuguese and British, friends enjoying an evening meal together. Prices are reasonable, food homely but well cooked, good range of wine. Attentive and prompt service from the young waiters. Not a flashy tourist attraction, but a friendly, no frills restaurent serving the local community while giving a warm welcome to visitors.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Before setting off to Portugal my friends had told me not to expect a great food experience. I started in Porto and have been traveling for several weeks and wonder what the heck was wrong with my friends.....the meals I have experienced were wonderful and extremely well prepared and presented. Well that all changed this evening with my first gastronomic experience in the Algarve. Okay if all you want is a lot of rice, beans, fries and fatty meat than this place scored 100%, but if you are looking for well prepared and less fatty and starchy food look elsewhere. Having previously experienced some amazing meals and food preparation in Portugal I realize that this place is missing the mark. Sorry but that's the truth.

3  Thank Russell M